What's new

Skynet Skynet - Router Firewall & Security Enhancements

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi,

is there any possibility to check from which private LAN IP the OUTBOUND requests are coming?

edit: I found it under 'search'

But could somebody explain, what exactly this is meaning:

Apr 16 02:42:44 kernel: [BLOCKED - OUTBOUND] IN= OUT=eth0 SRC=192.168.0.2 DST=118.89.110.78 LEN=60 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=64 ID=41705 DF PROTO=TCP SPT=35931 DPT=443 SEQ=2511253707 ACK=0 WINDOW=5840 RES=0x00 SYN URGP=0 OPT

Is it right, if I think that something from the Host 192.168.0.2 is trying to contact the IP 118.89.110.78 over the port 443?

Thanks

Last edited:

Tencent Cloud Computing
Beijing, China

is there any possibility to check from which private LAN IP the OUTBOUND requests are coming?

Yes, check the SRC field.

Is it right, if I think that something from the Host 192.168.0.2 is trying to contact the IP 118.89.110.78 over the port 443?

Correct, most likely a dodgy website that was blocked (port 443 is HTTPS traffic). You can find out all the information Skynet has gathered via;

Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/firewall stats search ip 118.89.110.78

Last edited:
so i wanted to turn on Respond ICMP Echo (ping) Request from WAN for a little bit, i rebooted my router and notice the internet was saying it was active but i could not load anything. i turned off skynet and internet started to work again. do these two features not play nicely with each other?

so i wanted to turn on Respond ICMP Echo (ping) Request from WAN for a little bit, i rebooted my router and notice the internet was saying it was active but i could not load anything. i turned off skynet and internet started to work again. do these two features not play nicely with each other?
I enabled ICMPv4 via Firewall > General > "Respond ICMP Echo (ping) Request from WAN" and did not experience a problem with Skynet or anything else

I enabled ICMPv4 via Firewall > General > "Respond ICMP Echo (ping) Request from WAN" and did not experience a problem with Skynet or anything else
No issues after rebooting with it on?

No issues after rebooting with it on?
Just rebooted now to be sure and everything's fine.

Well, except for having "1 Risk" from the "AiProtection Router Security Assessment" ;)

"Disable PING from WAN to avoid cracker can connect to router from external network" Who you callin' cracker?

There's no reason this setting should effect Skynet at all. IIRC its just a simple iptables rule.

you will also have to unban it too

you can look at your logs and see if you can find out the ip address that was used for the site when it got banned and whitelist the ip address

yea i tested it myself too. it banned it lol

it is official it is blocking JP. Morgan.Chase i did an IP look up