What's new

Skynet Skynet - Router Firewall & Security Enhancements

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Do you happen to have any of Jack Yaz's ui* scripts installed? They need to be updated to comply with the new web page mounting method and will cause weirdness depending on which script activates first.

If no, post the output of the following;

Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/firewall settings webui enable

ls /www/user
I'm working on it! Writing the UI code for Skynet took up most of my time, my scripts were always going to be updated later. I have got a compatible approach working on the develop branches for some of my scripts, with the rest to follow shortly. Watch this space!

Do you happen to have any of Jack Yaz's ui* scripts installed? They need to be updated to comply with the new web page mounting method and will cause weirdness depending on which script activates first.

If no, post the output of the following;

Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/firewall settings webui enable

ls /www/user

Yes I have Adamm.
As I say, aside from the ui, Skynet is working as advertised.
I will watch for Jack Yaz updates, thank you. :)

I'm working on it! Writing the UI code for Skynet took up most of my time, my scripts were always going to be updated later. I have got a compatible approach working on the develop branches for some of my scripts, with the rest to follow shortly. Watch this space!
I think I've got everything ready on the develop branches of the respective scripts, I'm preparing to make everything public shortly.

in my case the webpage showing some info but is broken. 7.0.5

If you recently updated in the last few hours, give me a little bit, working on some html compliance updates so its half baked :p

Should be fixed now if you re-update, full update almost ready to go live ;)

I've pushed v7.0.6

Code:
Fix Download_File output
Improve Get_WebUI_Page ()
Improve file downloads on install
Improve asp formatting
Dozens of HTML compliance fixes

On behalf of the many silent users out there; dozens of hundreds of thanks @Adamm (all HTML compliant, of course!). :D

I've updated to Skynet 7.0.6 and see this message:

[*] Lock File Detected (start skynetloc=/tmp/mnt/asus/skynet) (pid=31747)
[*] Locked Processes Generally Take 1-2 Minutes To Complete And May Result In Te

Then, my entire network froze and couldn't access anything for about 2-3 minutes, then everything returned to normal.

This started happening to me with every Skynet update since version 7.

Should I be concerned about anything? or perhaps did I miss anything? :confused:

I've updated to Skynet 7.0.6 and see this message:

[*] Lock File Detected (start skynetloc=/tmp/mnt/asus/skynet) (pid=31747)
[*] Locked Processes Generally Take 1-2 Minutes To Complete And May Result In Te

Should I be concerned about anything?

Only that you're too quick to click. :)

Just give it a minute or two that it needs and all will be right. :)

after checking skynet several times during the day, I can report it randomly becomes inactive, every time i have loaded into it it reports that it had failed, and I always have to restart it. my skynet is on the latest version and also running on the new alpha.

Code:
Jan  5 15:05:01 RT-AC86U-4608 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: start SkynetStats)
Jan  5 15:05:17 RT-AC86U-4608 rc: received unrecognized event: SkynetStats
Just saw this, not sure if it is significant or just a meaningless log event.

Code:
Jan  5 15:05:01 RT-AC86U-4608 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: start SkynetStats)
Jan  5 15:05:17 RT-AC86U-4608 rc: received unrecognized event: SkynetStats
Just saw this, not sure if it is significant or just a meaningless log event.
The custom_script line is how the new UI API invokes the third-party code. The rc line is the normal firmware message when it's asked to start/stop/restart a service it doesn't know about. Third-party apps like Skynet would be such an unknown service to the core firmware.

So this is the new normal for the API unless RMerlin decides to remove that unrecognized event message.

after checking skynet several times during the day, I can report it randomly becomes inactive, every time i have loaded into it it reports that it had failed, and I always have to restart it. my skynet is on the latest version and also running on the new alpha.
I am trying to see if I can do anything with the new webui that could possibly be disabling skynet or causing it to fail.

The custom_script line is how the new UI API invokes the third-party code. The rc line is the normal firmware message when it's asked to start/stop/restart a service it doesn't know about. Third-party apps like Skynet would be such an unknown service to the core firmware.

So this is the new normal for the API unless RMerlin decides to remove that unrecognized event message.
meaningless log event
gotcha - I suspected as such. O'course I did cat the service-event file. ;)

Will need some more info if this is the case, any output in your syslog? What is the output of debug info? Whats the contents of firewall-restart?