What's new

Skynet Skynet - Router Firewall & Security Enhancements

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi Adamm,
thanks for all your work on skynet. Been using it for quite some time now. I recently updated to latest version and now I'm getting following error when updating banmalware:

Downloading filter.list | [0s]
Refreshing Whitelists | [6s]
Consolidating Blacklist | /jffs/scripts/firewall: line 5575: /opt/bin/curl: not found
[: bad number
/jffs/scripts/firewall: line 5575: /opt/bin/curl: not found
Skynet: [!] curl Version Outdated - Please Update Firmware Or Install Entware
/jffs/scripts/firewall: eval: line 1: -fsLZ: not found
[0s]
[*] List Content Error Detected - Stopping Banmalware

Any idea whats wrong?
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Adamm,
thanks for all your work on skynet. Been using it for quite some time now. I recently updates to latest version and now I'm getting following error when updating banmalware:

Downloading filter.list | [0s]
Refreshing Whitelists | [6s]
Consolidating Blacklist | /jffs/scripts/firewall: line 5575: /opt/bin/curl: not found
/jffs/scripts/firewall: line 5575: /opt/bin/curl: not found
Skynet: [!] curl Version Outdated - Please Update Firmware Or Install Entware
/jffs/scripts/firewall: eval: line 1: -fsLZ: not found
[0s]
[*] List Content Error Detected - Stopping Banmalware

Any idea whats wrong?
Thanks
Most likely you run firmware before 384.14 and you don’t have Entware installed.

Easiest approach may be to downgrade SkyNet to v6.9.2 and disable auto-updates.
Code:
/usr/sbin/curl -s "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Adamm00/IPSet_ASUS/aac085a8866e95081e0713a78c760905aae885d1/firewall.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/firewall" && chmod 755 /jffs/scripts/firewall
Or upgrade firmware.
Or install Entware (e.g. using amtm).

Last edited:
Most likely you run firmware before 384.14 and you don’t have Entware installed.

Easiest approach may be to downgrade SkyNet to v6.9.2 and disable auto-updates.
Code:
/usr/sbin/curl -s "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Adamm00/IPSet_ASUS/aac085a8866e95081e0713a78c760905aae885d1/firewall.sh -o "/jffs/scripts/firewall" && chmod 755 /jffs/scripts/firewall
Or upgrade firmware.
Or install Entware (e.g. using amtm).
Thanks, but that code just sits there and does nothing when I enter it into putty.

Hmmmmm, still cant get it to work. Just goes back to root command line
Yes, now run firewall as usual and disable Skynet updates, and then update the lists:
Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/firewall settings autoupdate disable
sh /jffs/scripts/firewall banmalware

Yes, now run firewall as usual and disable Skynet updates, and then update the lists:
Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/firewall banmalware
The Skynet V 6.0 splash screen shows up but it says it cant find a usb. Doesn't look like it ever installed. When I WinSCP to my router, there's no skynet folder in the USB drives (There was before).

The Skynet V 6.0 splash screen shows up but it says it cant find a usb. Doesn't look like it ever installed.
Oh, did you uninstall the previous version? If so, run “firewall install”

That was it! Thanks my friend.
Don’t forget to disable SkyNet auto updates now.
Code:
or using the settings menu.
if you ever upgrade firmware or install Entware, you can upgrade SkyNet normally.

I think I figured out what was locking up my network after every Skynet update previously. It could have been linked to the router being connected to a VPN client. For this last Skynet update, I disconnected the VPN Client connection first and then updated Skynet. There was absolutely no network lockup whereas previously, I'd have to wait a few minutes before everything started working again and at times, needed to manually restart the router. Not sure if there's a connection between the two but that's what I noticed.

I think I figured out what was locking up my network after every Skynet update previously. It could have been linked to the router being connected to a VPN client.

I'm glad that worked to solve your issue but based on my experience I don't believe that was the root cause of your issue. I have been updating Skynet both on my AC86 & AC1900 both of which have two VPN clients running and I have never turned off or disabled the VPN clients when updating Skynet or other scripts.

I do however have a rule under each of my running VPN clients that the router's LAN IP is routed using the WAN. If you don't have a similar rule you might want to try adding it under Policy Routing.

I love skynet the only thing that is bothering me is that i cannot see the statistics on webui and on the menu in ssh i get the following error that may be due why i dont see it on web ui
Internet-Connectivity | [Passed]
Write Permission | [Passed]
Firewall-Start Entry | [Passed]
Services-Stop Entry | [Passed]
Service-Event Entry | [Passed]
SWAP | [Passed]
Cron Jobs | [Passed]
IPSet Comment Support | [Passed]
Log Level 5 Settings | [Passed]
Duplicate Rules In RAW | [Passed]
IPSets | [Passed]
IPTables Rules | [Passed]
Local WebUI Files | [Failed]
Mounted WebUI Files | [Failed]
MenuTree.js Entry | [Failed]
Diversion Plus Content | [Passed]

----------- | ----------
| Setting | | | Status |
---------- | ----------

Skynet Auto-Updates | [Enabled]
Malware List Auto-Updates | [Enabled]
Logging | [Enabled]
Filter Traffic | [Enabled]
Unban PrivateIP | [Enabled]
Ban AiProtect | [Enabled]
Secure Mode | [Enabled]
Fast Switch List | [Disabled]
Syslog Location | [Custom]
IOT Blocking | [Disabled]
Country Lookup For Stats | [Enabled]
CDN Whitelisting | [Enabled]
Display WebUI | [Enabled]

ive tried reinstalling skynet but same issue. How do i fix this?

@Joshuajackson, you need to be running RMerlin firmware version 384.15 Alpha 1 or later.

Which router do you have and what firmware are you currently running?

Reactions: a5m
im running Current Version : 384.14_2 which is the latest for RT-AC68U

When you upgrade the firmware to 384.15, everything should be working for you then. :)

Depending on the (secret) router you have. :)

Reactions: a5m