What's new

Skynet Skynet - Router Firewall & Security Enhancements

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hmm the question is how does it interferee with gaming i mean my goal is to get the lowest latency and response from my internet i dont care really about security but i mean if some adds/things attack my internet and i dont see it, it would decrease my performance?

hmm the question is how does it interferee with gaming i mean my goal is to get the lowest latency and response from my internet i dont care really about security but i mean if some adds/things attack my internet and i dont see it, it would decrease my performance?

It doesn't interfere with gaming. I'm running Diversion and SkyNet. 3 online gaming and I was on the PC in a multiplayer game. I don't see a difference.

Skynet has no measurable performance impact on your connection. Technically its faster as we block connections in the raw table which is the earliest possible point and avoids conntracking, but again this is quite hard to measure. Our main goal is enhanced network security.

ok thanks i will give it a try :D any configs with different scripts that i need to consider to enable disable ?

ok thanks i will give it a try :D any configs with different scripts that i need to consider to enable disable ?

No extra steps are nessesary after installing, Skynet does the work for you.

Waterfox.net is whitelisted by skynet (manually), why does does your firewall continue blocking whitelisted domains every day or two?

Skynet has no measurable performance impact on your connection. Technically its faster as we block connections in the raw table which is the earliest possible point and avoids conntracking, but again this is quite hard to measure. Our main goal is enhanced network security.
I notice a definite impact on latency with skynet enabled, its not too severe and may be worth the extra security protections

Last edited:
heyy guys

Can you check if i should change something by my settings for gaming ?

@dugaduga you mean worse latency with skynet ? What are your Recommendations für only gaming which scripts helps to perform the max to get the lowst latency?

This are my Scripts:

1 open Diversion v4.1.12
2 open Skynet v7.2.0
7 open unbound Manager v3.19
ep manage Entware packages
fd run Format disk fdl show log
sw manage Swap file /mnt/SSD-Toshiba 2.0G
i show all available scripts or tools
u check for script updates
amtm options
e exit t theme r reset a about

Skynet:
[1] --> Skynet Auto-Updates | [Enabled]
[2] --> Malware List Auto-Updates | [daily]
[3] --> Logging | [Enabled]
[4] --> Filter Traffic | [all]
[5] --> Unban PrivateIP | [Enabled]
[6] --> Log Invalid Packets | [Disabled]
[7] --> Import AiProtect Data | [Enabled]
[8] --> Secure Mode | [Enabled]
[9] --> Fast Switch List | [Disabled]
[10] --> Syslog Location | [Default]
[11] --> IOT Blocking | [Disabled]
[12] --> Stats Country Lookup | [Enabled]
[13] --> CDN Whitelisting | [Enabled]
[14] --> Display WebUI | [Enabled]

Diversion:
Diversion Standard enabled
c communication DivUn stats backup FWun

a ad-blocking to IP
l logging dnsmasq.log 4.3M

ep pixelserv-tls v2.3.1

b blocking list Standard Sat @ 2:00
el edit lists 0 w 0 b 0 wb

f follow dnsmasq.log

e exit u update more options o

Unbound:

1 = Update unbound files and configuration 5 = Install Ad and Tracker blocker (Ad Block)
2 = Remove unbound/unbound_manager 6 = Install Graphical Statistics GUI Add-on TAB
3 = Stop unbound 7 = Enable DNS Firewall
4 = Show unbound statistics 8 = Install YouTube Ad blocker

Waterfox.net is whitelisted by skynet (manually), why does does your firewall continue blocking whitelisted domains every day or two?
I don’t see the IP for waterfox.net (51.159.31.11) blocked by the default Skynet lists. What do you see for a block reason when you run:
firewall stats search ip 51.159.31.11
(or whatever IP you resolve waterfox.net to)

It's due to whatever filter lists you use. The user should choose the appropriate filter lists for their preference.

Take anything dugaduga says as a grain of salt. This is the same user who accused myself and Merlin of working for the CIA and being terrorists and has been banned from the forums on multiple different accounts until Tim finally gave up.

Clearly he still doesn’t get the message after I blocked him on the forums and GitHub repo that he isn’t welcome to post here and will continue to be ignored.

As for his latency claims, this is coming from the same user who claimed you get a 10-25x speed boost from blocking certain domains on your router ;)

Hi, I have been using Skynet for 3 or 4 weeks now and recently I have noticed 2 issues and am look to find out if it Skynet or not.
1. Updates from Google store have been very slow, almost a crawl.
2. Today I am in the middle of downloading a major update from AT&T for the note 9 and it too is exhibiting the same very slow download. The file size is 1012.22mb and after over 2 hours it's only downloaded 36.6mb, 3%.

My note is on my local wifi network and in the past it would take maybe 20-30 minutes to download such a update.

I do realize it may be AT&T but both issues seem very odd to me, since I not seen this behavior until now.

So I am asking is there a connection to Skynet? How can I check it?

Thanks

Hi, I have been using Skynet for 3 or 4 weeks now and recently I have noticed 2 issues and am look to find out if it Skynet or not.
2. Today I am in the middle of downloading a major update from AT&T for the note 9 and it too is exhibiting the same very slow download. The file size is 1012.22mb and after over 2 hours it's only downloaded 36.6mb, 3%.

My note is on my local wifi network and in the past it would take maybe 20-30 minutes to download such a update.

I do realize it may be AT&T but both issues seem very odd to me, since I not seen this behavior until now.

Thanks

You can Temporarily disable Skynet and check again while it disabled (9->1 in the menu)

@Wayne Hutchinson, I had noticed that too not that long ago. No issues for a while since the 384.19 Alpha firmware though.

I didn't track it down because I don't care about google updates for myself. But I would be surprised if Skynet was the cause?

Are your scripts fully up to date? Have you tried rebooting the router?

Thanks
My Google play and Xiaomi updates are normal .I dont have a problem with download speed.
RT-AC66U-B1
-Diversion
-SkyNet
-Entware

Reactions: Gar
so you guys think skynet dont helps with gaming ;D ^^ any futher tips for low latency

Ok, so tomorrow I'll do a test.

From my PC wired to the network. One test with Skynet running, the 2nd test with Skynet disabled.

Any suggestions what I should use to test?

Last edited: