What's new

Remove Router and Node From AiMesh 2.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GHammer

Very Senior Member
I have run AiMesh with an Ethernet backhaul for some months now, first on ASUS official, then with Merlin once it was available for my routers.
In this time, I have seen about 3 devices ever connect to the node. Mostly the node is empty, bereft of any device.
Sometime, if I toggle the backhaul, a device or two will connect. Before long though, they leave for the main router.

So, I want to remove the node and revert the router to its natural, non-AiMesh, state.
As I have some number of devices and additional config for this and that, I'd also rather NOT have to factory reset the router again. It was just reset to go to the 386-1 loads.

Possible?

I have run AiMesh with an Ethernet backhaul for some months now, first on ASUS official, then with Merlin once it was available for my routers.
In this time, I have seen about 3 devices ever connect to the node. Mostly the node is empty, bereft of any device.
Sometime, if I toggle the backhaul, a device or two will connect. Before long though, they leave for the main router.

So, I want to remove the node and revert the router to its natural, non-AiMesh, state.
As I have some number of devices and additional config for this and that, I'd also rather NOT have to factory reset the router again. It was just reset to go to the 386-1 loads.

Possible?

Just remove the node and do whatever you want with it. The router will remain what it is... the router. There is nothing unnatural about it.

OE

Done.

If that's happening, then you don't need the second node.

Duh. Thus the 'best way to remove' question.
Well double duh to you, if you're going to be like that.

Just go in to the AiMesh page on the main router and press the "Remove" button for the node. It's nearly like Asus thought about it, and named the button accordingly.

Not exactly rocket science, is it?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!