What's new

Removing Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

imcgarry

New Around Here
Hi. I have both a AX58u and a AX56U. Both of these are runing merlin 388.1.
My question is how do i go back to stock, as flasing with latest stock firmware does not work.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Hi. I have both a AX58u and a AX56U. Both of these are runing merlin 388.1.
My question is how do i go back to stock, as flasing with latest stock firmware does not work.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Once the router reboots then you can reflash stock firmware.

Don't have any USB plugged in or any other devices other than the desktopPC, hardwired.

Don't use any APP.

On the AX58U you must flash 386.45898 firmware before you can upgrade to the latest. There is no need to factory reset before a firmware flash.

On the AX58U you must flash 386.45898 firmware before you can upgrade to the latest. There is no need to factory reset before a firmware flash.
Is it that simple, seeing how the OP is complaining that Merlin firmware is stuck?

Is it that simple, seeing how the OP is complaining that Merlin firmware is stuck?

At least on the AX58U you must install 45898 firmware before it will let you upgrade any further. Asus site says this.

*Due to core software module upgrade, if you want to upgrade to this version, please must update your router to 3.0.0.4.386.45898 first.

At least on the AX58U you must install 45898 firmware before it will let you upgrade any further. Asus site says this.

*Due to core software module upgrade, if you want to upgrade to this version, please must update your router to 3.0.0.4.386.45898 first.
What I don't get is that he was already on the 388 code base and therefore was beyond the hiccup.

I'd still do the reset before and after to clear out anything Merlin related and make the process smoother.