What's new

Repeated Disconnecting of a Wireless Client - Deauth_ind status: 0, reason: Unspecified reason (1), rssi:0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ChaoscripT

Regular Contributor
Hi,
I have ASUS XT12 with Merlin firmware 3004.388.6, and I have some problem with wifi client,
Currently it's Roborock S7 MaxV, but I assume another devices also connect and disconnect.

From the ASUS router's log, I saw this message,
Feb 14 18:26:14 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(645): eth4: Deauth_ind B0:4A:39:48:60:82, status: 0, reason: Unspecified reason (1), rssi:0

The smart connect is turned on (5 and 2.4 together),
I also gave the Roborock DHCP manual IP.
I use NextDNS as my primary DNS and in the DHCP table I gave to Roborock 8.8.8.8 as DNS.

Regards.

I had a similar issue with a couple of my devices that cannot run on 802.11ax / WiFi 6 mode - this was then spamming my system log and making other things not useable - I turned smart connect off and then turned off 802.11ax / WiFi 6 mode on the 2.5ghz bandwidth and everything now works fully so might be worth a go for you?

I had a similar issue with a couple of my devices that cannot run on 802.11ax / WiFi 6 mode - this was then spamming my system log and making other things not useable - I turned smart connect off and then turned off 802.11ax / WiFi 6 mode on the 2.5ghz bandwidth and everything now works fully so might be worth a go for you?

Thanks for the reply,
Yes it's worth a try.
You turned off the smart connect at all, right?

I also can separate another 2.4ghz network (guest network).

But it's seems it's comes and go, the Robot works long time now it's comes, even before I update the latest firmware.

Regards.

No problem! Yes I turned off Smart Connect which then allowed me to edit the 2.4 and 5ghz bandwidth and in doing so I turned off 802.11ax / WiFi 6 mode for just 2.4ghz and my 2 older devices that were struggling settled down and I've now got a fully functional router with all devices connecting as everything else runs off my 5ghz bandwidth.

Yes the guest network may be the other option to segregate the network down :)

No problem! Yes I turned off Smart Connect which then allowed me to edit the 2.4 and 5ghz bandwidth and in doing so I turned off 802.11ax / WiFi 6 mode for just 2.4ghz and my 2 older devices that were struggling settled down and I've now got a fully functional router with all devices connecting as everything else runs off my 5ghz bandwidth.

Yes the guest network may be the other option to segregate the network down :)

If you turned off the smart connect then you have 2 separate SSID no? 1 for 2.4 and 1 for 5.

Back to my problem,
I created 2.4 network (Guest network), connect my Vacuum robot it's works good for 1-2 hours then again, connect and disconnect with the same reason in the log, "Unspecified reason (1)".

Regards.

Same SSID and password :) Then all my electronics connect to the band they require as my router is pretty close all my wifi 6 5ghz go to that and my old devices connect to the 2.4ghz with no issues since turning smart connect off and then disabling wifi 6 for 2.5ghz :) I would give that a try next.

Same SSID and password :) Then all my electronics connect to the band they require as my router is pretty close all my wifi 6 5ghz go to that and my old devices connect to the 2.4ghz with no issues since turning smart connect off and then disabling wifi 6 for 2.5ghz :) I would give that a try next.

OK made it,
I separate the networks, 1 for 2.4Ghz and 1 for 5Ghz, both with the same SSID and password.
2.4Ghz with "disabled" 802.11ax / WiFi 6 mode and 5Ghz with "enabled" 802.11ax / WiFi 6 mode.
I made also a restart to the router, connect the vacuum again, after 1 use of the robot, it's just start again to connect and disconnect.

According to the logs I also see that the air conditioners connect and disconnect from router.

My system log is flooded with these messages.

Has the Roborock S7 MaxV been reset after all the changes?
Have you contacted Roborock support to see what they can suggest?

Has the Roborock S7 MaxV been reset after all the changes?
Have you contacted Roborock support to see what they can suggest?

By robot reset you mean?
I don't delete it and add it again, I just re-connect it to new SSID.
Still don't contacted Roborock Support.

Regards.

By robot reset you mean?
I don't delete it and add it again, I just re-connect it to new SSID.
Still don't contacted Roborock Support.

Regards.
Have you try disabling 'Airtime Fairness' under the Wireless professional tab for both 2.4/5Ghz?

Once disable retart affected devices/router.

Are you using auto channel selection?
If so the router could be changing to a channel number the device does not like.
Try setting channels manually.
Watch the wireless log and see how fast a problem device connects after changing channel number.
If a long time or not at all then it does not like to use that channel number.
When the device connects fairly quickly you found the channel number it likes to use.
Another thing to try is turning off roaming assistant.

Are you using auto channel selection?
If so the router could be changing to a channel number the device does not like.
Try setting channels manually.
Watch the wireless log and see how fast a problem device connects after changing channel number.
If a long time or not at all then it does not like to use that channel number.
When the device connects fairly quickly you found the channel number it likes to use.
Another thing to try is turning off roaming assistant.

Thanks for comment,
From 10:02 (Israel time) I made these changes,
- Change Wireless Mode (in 2.4G only) to "Legacy"
- The Channel bandwidth changed automatically to 20 Mhz
- Change the Channel and set it to 6 instead of "Auto"

Now it's 18:30 (Israel time) more then 8 hours that the robot isn't disconnect.

I download now Wifi analyzer for windows and I saw another WIFI SSID (not mine) that on CH 6, maybe I need to change the channel?

Regards.

Quick search on the interwebs - Google is your friend here...

As others have mentioned...

1) disable smart connect
2) disable roaming assistant
3) WPA2 only
4) Airtime Fairness - shouldn't matter, but some wifi client chipsets have issues with how Broadcom/Asus have done things here
5) Perhaps consider Guest SSID and only enable 2.4GHz...

The Roborock S7, according to info on the internet, is a 2.4GHz device only...

Quick search on the interwebs - Google is your friend here...

As others have mentioned...

1) disable smart connect
2) disable roaming assistant
3) WPA2 only
4) Airtime Fairness - shouldn't matter, but some wifi client chipsets have issues with how Broadcom/Asus have done things here
5) Perhaps consider Guest SSID and only enable 2.4GHz...

The Roborock S7, according to info on the internet, is a 2.4GHz device only...

Thanks for reply,
I've searched for this in the Google,
Yes I know Roborock (and most of the vacuum robots out there) support only 2.4Ghz.
I tried to make a Guest SSID but the same problem.

Currently it's working,
- I disabled Smart Connect, made 2 different networks with the same SSID and password.
- Changed the channel bandwidth to 20Mhz (instead of Auto)

I follow up with this.

I'm having the same issue, but it is only with my Honeywell thermostat. Specifically, it's a Honeywell T6 that uses the Resideo app. A few things I know:

- It had a stable connection on my older AC68U. That had Merlin firmware.
- When I upgraded to my AX88U Pro, I didn't have any issues initially. I did upgrade to Merlin firmware shortly after getting this router, so I don't know how it would have been with the stock firmware. Issues started after about a week, so it wasn't instant. Rebooting the router resolved it for a duration.
- When I turned off IPv6, the thermostat would not get online, at all. So, it seems this thing relies on IPv6 access to the internet at minimum.
- I have no issues with any other IoT devices in the home. All IoT devices are using a 2.5Ghz guest network that has no access to LAN. It's only the thermostat that has the issue.

For now, I've scheduled the router to reboot once a week. It seems this issue is due to a combination of the thermostat itself and this router.