What's new

Repeated hack attempts

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BloodyGoodBloke

Occasional Visitor
In the past few weeks i have been getting emails around attempts to brute force my Admin account.
Thankfully i had disabled the admin account in favour of a non generic account name.
I have also setup 2 factor authentication, Strengthen password, setup account protection, enabled ddos protection. Setup a trusted client list. started blocking the IP's (listed below) , configured autoblock.

Anything else i can be doing to ensure the security of my box?

ips blocked so far.
interestingly enough doign an IP who is most of them have a connection with M247...

Last edited:
Why on Earth would you have a NAS directly interfacing the Internet? Never heard of VPNFilter? :eek:

Use a VPN!

Why on Earth would you have a NAS directly interfacing the Internet? Never heard of VPNFilter? :eek:

Use a VPN!

Basically negates the point of having a Synology box if you have to vpn in. I use several features that I require to have certain services exposed to the internet

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!