What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sean Anain

New Around Here
So I have a Dodo Hub acting as the router and modem for my network. This was provided by my ISP, Dodo. I also have an Asus RT-AC87U router that I want to use.

As you may know, the RT-AC87U does not have a repeater mode, unlike other Asus routers.
*RT-AC87U only has 3 operation modes; Wireless Router, Media Bridge, and Access Point

It also only supports media bridge if the primary router is the same model. (Which it is not)
And it only supported AP if the primary and secondary routers are connected wired (Which I cannot do)

I was intending to use the RT-AC87U as a repeater for my Dodo router to allow my PS4 to connect to the internet in a different room via ethernet.
I wanted to have the PS4 connect via ethernet to the RT-AC87U, which is connected wirelessly to my Dodo router as some sort of bridge or repeater.

Because the RT-AC87U can't be used as repeater, is there any other way to setup the RT-AC87U so that it replicates what I explained above?

I was wondering if I could turn it into a wireless access point but I do not know how to do that. The access point operation mode for the RT-AC87U is only supported if the RT-AC87U is connected using a cable to the Dodo router.

The access point operation mode for the RT-AC87U is only supported if the RT-AC87U is connected using a cable to the Dodo router.
Yes, that's the supported way of doing it - same as I use it (see below). :rolleyes:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!