What's new

"Repeater Mode" / Antenna Question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

My question is: Are all the antennas on top of the RT-AC68U the same? Can I connect my external to any of them or will one give better results than others?

first that antenna is only 2.4 gig and not dual band so its going to cause an imbalance in the internals and prob reduce the lifespan of the 68u

even if it did work its only 1 antenna so your signal would be 150M max on receive and the other 2 would share that 150M at best

Trying to use my RT-AC68U in repeater mode to pick up a nearby signal.

Bought this external antenna to and enough cable to put it outside my window:

My question is: Are all the antennas on top of the RT-AC68U the same? Can I connect my external to any of them or will one give better results than others?
Some answers in my posting here - if you search the forum you will find more threads on the topic of antenna change - typically resulting in the insight that you should not change antennas... :rolleyes:

With the 68U - all three paths are used on both bands, so you need to use all three, not one...

^ This!
for greater reach/range, spread 'em apart equilaterally...so they don't overlap so much. think Venn Diagram, or grapes...bubbles. like they do with cell towers

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!