What's new

Repeater mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

monaro-ds

Regular Contributor
Repeater mode in Merlin
I don’t have Merlin installed , but I like to know can I get to WiFi settings and advanced setting in Repeater mode ?
To change channel and adjust roamasst etc..
I just realized under “ASUSWRT – Official” settings do exist but links to them are removed
You can get to the pages but you have type in URL
Makes it very hard to adjust WIFI settings to my liking

What happens if you enter your desired configuration first, THEN switch to Repeater?

IIRC you can't choose the channel on the repeater because it must always be the same as the primary access point.

IIRC you can't choose the channel on the repeater because it must always be the same as the primary access point.
I’m pretty sure you are right, Colin, and the thing I found was, whilst it was seamless for browsing, if I was streaming over it (and moving about), the connection kept on dropping. It proved to be annoying to the degree that instead of using the second router as a repeater, I changed it to an access point linked by a long ethernet cable to the edge router. Not only was it set to a different channel but also to a different SSID. For me, this proved much better than trying to create a truly seamless environment.

its not the same, not only you can choose the channel in ASUS repeater mod but by default its never same as the primary router ... non of my repeater U86 , U68 ,1900P end up on same channel ... i have on 2.4g channels 2,3,8,6 ...

(in AiMesh it was same )

Last edited:
What happens if you enter your desired configuration first, THEN switch to Repeater?
Advanced_WAdvanced_Content.asp tab only got
1 item "Roaming assistant" and it still same as i set it before switching to Repeater

Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp
everything got reset ...

BTW its probably because Repeater connected on 5GHz and am trying to line up 2.4HGz.. channels
all 5GHz on the same channel

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!