What's new

Repeater on differnet channel?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

noah way

Regular Contributor
2x AC68U w/ Merlin 384.19

The repeater drops for a few seconds and the log shows channel adjusted. meanwhile the main router is set to channel 1 and the log there shows no changes.

Jan 22 16:51:00 acsd: selected channel spec: 0x1007 (7)
Jan 22 16:51:00 acsd: Adjusted channel spec: 0x1007 (7)
Jan 22 16:51:00 acsd: selected channel spec: 0x1007 (7)
Jan 22 16:51:00 acsd: acs_set_chspec: 0x1007 (7) for reason APCS_CSTIMER
Jan 22 16:51:11 acsd: selected channel spec: 0x1008 (8)
Jan 22 16:51:11 acsd: Adjusted channel spec: 0x1008 (8)
Jan 22 16:51:11 acsd: selected DFS-exit channel spec: 0x1008 (8)
Jan 22 16:51:11 acsd: Adjusted channel spec: 0x1008 (8)
Jan 22 16:51:11 acsd: acs_set_chspec: 0x1008 (8) for reason APCS_INIT

Thanks for your insight.

Are you sure the repeater is configured to repeat the 2.4GHz band and it's not actually repeating the 5GHz band?

The repeater is connected to the main router at 5ghz. The repeater's 2.4 channel change drops all connection to the main router. Why is the repeater automatically changing channels when the main is on a fixed channel?

I supposed a complete system reset is the next step, but I'm really busy now.

The repeater is connected to the main router at 5ghz. The repeater's 2.4 channel change drops all connection to the main router. Why is the repeater automatically changing channels when the main is on a fixed channel?
It is only repeating the main router's 5GHz channel. It's 2.4GHz radio behaves like a normal access point, and because you have that configured for "auto" channel it changes it when it thinks it's found a better channel. To stop that happening you need to set a fixed channel for its 2.4GHz radio.

On the repeater there is no setting for channel selection.
I wondered whether that might be the case. I haven't used repeater mode for years (and it's probably different now anyway).

Maybe you can switch back to router mode, set a fixed channel for 2.4GHz and then switch to repeater mode.

little secret here is that the pages that are removed when using repeater mode are still there. the links to them are just hidden.
on my ac68u i would go to https://43b8.local:8443/Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp to access channel selection, ssid, password, etc etc. but in repeater mode that link is gone right? so i realized that i have to manually add /Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp to the address of my repeater which is fa00.local so i would have to go to https://fa00.local:8443/Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp and wha-laaaa the hidden settings have re appeared. this works with ANY of the settings pages that are hidden when using repeater mode from iptv to tools/other-settings and pretty much every other hidden page as well.

little secret here is that the pages that are removed when using repeater mode are still there. the links to them are just hidden.
on my ac68u i would go to https://43b8.local:8443/Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp to access channel selection, ssid, password, etc etc. but in repeater mode that link is gone right? so i realized that i have to manually add /Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp to the address of my repeater which is fa00.local so i would have to go to https://fa00.local:8443/Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp and wha-laaaa the hidden settings have re appeared. this works with ANY of the settings pages that are hidden when using repeater mode from iptv to tools/other-settings and pretty much every other hidden page as well.
Awesome! Thank you!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!