What's new

Replacement Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm running 3 homeplugs and I think that may cause some issues as they are not really optimised for multiple units.

I'm hoping MIMO HomePlug Av2 will resolve this issue.

In the interim, I'll look into a new router - perhaps an ASUS RT-AC66U?

Ok did some further testing today.

Running an Ethernet cable all the way to the Streamer works fine, no stuttering.

However if I connect the cable to the converted router/AP which the homeplug and NAS is also connected into, it all slows down.

Now here's where it gets interesting, if I connect the homeplug next to the streamer directly to the streamer (without using the converted router/AP) everything is fine!

So it seems like this AP with the streamer and homeplug attached is causing the issue. Could there be some looping going on?

Read the dlink Moderators post to make sure you have it configured properly. Apparently it's more involved than just assigning IP address, disabling DHCP and using LAN port.

Note: I don't own a dlink router, but I assume the Moderator of that forum knows what they're talking about.

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=40856.0

Read the dlink Moderators post to make sure you have it configured properly. Apparently it's more involved than just assigning IP address, disabling DHCP and using LAN port.

Note: I don't own a dlink router, but I assume the Moderator of that forum knows what they're talking about.

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=40856.0

Thanks for that, I had already disabled all the WAN side functionality.

I did take a look at my advanced wireless settings and found WMM and Short GI were enabled. I removed those and performed a test and everything was OK, but then re-enabled and everything was still OK.

Next time it happens I'll try swapping the AP with a gigabit switch and see if it persists.

:(

You could also have buggy F/W did you try to find an upgrade?

Its the latest stable firmware.

A colleague of mine (network expert) suggested that using the AP as a switch is causing high collisions and moving to a homeplug with multiple ports will be a better solution - he actually said he had experienced similar issues himself.