What's new

Replacement XT8 Setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fairmarketvalue

Occasional Visitor
I don't know if this is a chicken or egg situation, but here goes. I originally had an XT8 2-pack and a an XT8 1-pack in my home network. One of the units of the 2-pack became defective, but I was required by Asus to send in both units of the 2-pack in order to have an RMA accomplished. While waiting for the delivery of the new 2-pack, Asus came out with the latest firmware for the XT8 - Version 3.0.0.4.386.43181. I've applied that version to my (for now) remaining XT8 unit. I then did a factory reset and reboot, and all seems well. In the meantime, I've just taken delivery of the replacement XT8 2-pack. I have no idea what level firmware of each of the replacement units is at, and I want to re-create my AiMesh system as simply as possible. Should I "mesh" each of them to the existing unit, then manually download the newest version firmware and then do a factory reset and reboot on each? Some other technique? Help!

Mesh then upgrade the firmware from the mesh root (router).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!