What's new

REQ: support for GT series (spec GT-AXE11000)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Pupster

Occasional Visitor
C'mon...can't the GT series get a littl' love? I know he doesn't want to do it usually...but c'mon...it's the latest and greatest! :)

C'mon, you should know better.

Actually I have not looked at the Merlin builds for a while due to owning a GT-11000, and just for a moment, I did take a look and to my surprise the 386 firmware supports a couple GT based routers with the GT-AX11000 being one of them. There are a few minor changes to know about and I would read the changelog prior to updating to the Merlin firmware.

Yeah I am still holding out for a GT-AXE11000 firmware.

Now that Windows 11 is out I can make use of the 6GHz

I'm a noob here and I don't know what that means. I bought the GT-AXE11000 hoping it would receive Merlin support in the future. Did I make the wrong decision?
Actually although it is not a guarantee for a an Asus GT model to be added to the Merlin WRT firmware, there is the possibility of it maybe happening as Asus collaborated with @RMerlin from my understanding for the firmware to include the GT routers such as the GT-AX11000 as before Merlin would only work on firmware for the RT range of Asus routers.

Just do not buy a router for the sole purpose of banking on Merlin WRT eventually supporting it. Buy it for features you want/need in your environment. Best rule of thumb, is it doesn't exist until it is announced and available publicly.