What's new

Request : IPTV ISP Profiles

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RootCause

Occasional Visitor
Greetings, i have a small request to introduce the following data as IPTV ISP Profiles, mainly Orange Spain.
Adding such data as IPTV Profiles will cover the whole country (Spain) and us being able to use the MultiCast Routing Option which allows us to proper use the UPNP Port forwarding as well.

the data is as follows

Internet = Data (Internet)
Land Port 4 = Voice (Landline/Telephone)
Land Port 3 = Television (IPTV)

Movistar Spain
Internet : VID 6 Priority 1
Lan Port 4 : VID 3 Priority 5
Lan Port 3: VID 2 Priority 4

Vodafone Spain
Internet : VID 100 Priority 0
Lan Port 4 : VID 100 Priority 0

Orange Spain
Internet : VID 832 Priority 0
Lan Port 4 : VID 832 Priority 0
Lan Port 3: VID 838 Priority 4

Jazztel Spain
Internet : VID 1074 Priority 0
Lan Port 4 : VID 1074 Priority 0
Lan Port 3: VID 1074 Priority 0

Neba (Fiber reselled from other ISPs)
Internet : VID 20 Priority 0
Lan Port 4 : VID 20 Priority 0
Lan Port 3: VID 20 Priority 0

Last edited:
Manual setting disables the multicast routing, which i need and many users might need as well
Which model router are you talking about? I believe multicast routing is dependent on the model.

Untitled.png

I can't change IPTV profiles.

Multicast routing is unrelated to UPnP port forwarding.
Unfortunately for me it is, i have upnp up, i put a specific port to open on both protocols, including port trigger, also on firewall, and windows firewall, and no antivirus whatsoever, and the port still seems blocked for some reason, and what ive read on other forums is having multicast enabled works, but as you saw on previous screenshot i cant enable it

Greetings, i have a small request to introduce the following data as IPTV ISP Profiles, mainly Orange Spain.
Adding such data as IPTV Profiles will cover the whole country (Spain) and us being able to use the MultiCast Routing Option which allows us to proper use the UPNP Port forwarding as well.

the data is as follows

Movistar Spain
Internet : VID 6 Priority 1
Lan Port 4 : VID 3 Priority 5

Vodafone Spain
Internet : VID 100 Priority 0
Lan Port 4 : VID 100 Priority 0

Orange Spain
Internet : VID 832 Priority 0
Lan Port 4 : VID 832 Priority 0
Lan Port 3: VID 838 Priority 4

Jazztel Spain
Internet : VID 1074 Priority 0
Lan Port 4 : VID 1074 Priority 0
Lan Port 3: VID 1074 Priority 0

Neba (Fiber reselled from other ISPs)
Internet : VID 20 Priority 0
Lan Port 4 : VID 20 Priority 0
Lan Port 3: VID 20 Priority 0
Sorry for jumping in. I am also struggling with IPTV using with Movistar Triple WAN, although I do not have a need for Multicast.
With previous releases, manual settings were fine (Internet and LAN 4/3 similar to what you indicate, save for my PRIO=0). I know that does not solve your issue, but did you get your manual settings to work, albeit without multicast, under 386.3_2?
[Edit: I do NOT have need for Multicast]

Sorry for jumping in. I am also struggling with IPTV using with Movistar Triple WAN, although I do have a need for Multicast.
With previous releases, manual settings were fine (Internet and LAN 4/3 similar to what you indicate, save for my PRIO=0). I know that does not solve your issue, but did you get your manual settings to work, albeit without multicast, under 386.3_2?
If your fiber is spanish directly from movistar, the info there is updated, also, if its resold, vlans should be 20, prio 0, my settings for internet work perfectly fine as shown in the screenshot, but multicast cant enable it....

Tried the attached under 386_2.2 and those settings don't work for me. What firmware are you on?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-29 at 19.48.13.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-29 at 19.48.13.png
    481 KB · Views: 100
Version 386.3_2 , what internet provider you have? my settings are for Orange Spain, direct fiber connection (aka not Neba)

Mine is Timofonica.

I think I started wrong-footed by trying the 'Movistar Triple Wan' config on IPTV tab. That never worked for me, but since my historical 'Manual Settings' was also failing I tried it, and failed.

Thinking ISP config had changed, I went back to Manual with the Internet/VoIP/IPTV settings you'd indicated. That too failed.

With hindsight, the issue was probably somewhere else, and in the end I went back to manually reconfigure the router from scratch, and got it to work (right until now).

If it helps, my IPTV config (VLANs/Prio) are: 6,3,2 / 0,0,0 which are actually different from what you indicated but also from what I could find elsewhere.
I am not sure how relevant those settings are (in particular 'PRIO')

Now, for your issue, perhaps you could try the 'Manual Settings' route, and separately deal with UPnP and Multicast (I have no idea what they do...).
From my experience, the hardcoded TripleVLAN Movistar is pretty useless...

Anyways, thank you for taking the time.

Hasta luego

Mine is Timofonica.

I think I started wrong-footed by trying the 'Movistar Triple Wan' config on IPTV tab. That never worked for me, but since my historical 'Manual Settings' was also failing I tried it, and failed.

Thinking ISP config had changed, I went back to Manual with the Internet/VoIP/IPTV settings you'd indicated. That too failed.

With hindsight, the issue was probably somewhere else, and in the end I went back to manually reconfigure the router from scratch, and got it to work (right until now).

If it helps, my IPTV config (VLANs/Prio) are: 6,3,2 / 0,0,0 which are actually different from what you indicated but also from what I could find elsewhere.
I am not sure how relevant those settings are (in particular 'PRIO')

Now, for your issue, perhaps you could try the 'Manual Settings' route, and separately deal with UPnP and Multicast (I have no idea what they do...).
From my experience, the hardcoded TripleVLAN Movistar is pretty useless...

Anyways, thank you for taking the time.

Hasta luego
Vlans you mentioned, 6.3.2 are from Movistar, try prio 1.4.4 with the vlans you said and hopefully works

The reason I jumped in, on another question, is that while I've seen some odd configurations from ISPs: The need to set a VLAN on the WAN, and then separate VLANs for Lan 3 & 4 seems odd! It's normally only ever going to be needed if you have an IPTV device on one port, a VoIP device on another port (that specifically needs its own VLAN), and the need to express a VLAN over your WAN port for your other internet needs.

The reason I jumped in, on another question, is that while I've seen some odd configurations from ISPs: The need to set a VLAN on the WAN, and then separate VLANs for Lan 3 & 4 seems odd! It's normally only ever going to be needed if you have an IPTV device on one port, a VoIP device on another port (that specifically needs its own VLAN), and the need to express a VLAN over your WAN port for your other internet needs.
That goes beyond my knowledge.
That said, on the actual, physical setup, the IPTV GUI for 'Manual Settings' explicitly refers to 'LAN port 3' and 'Lan Port 4' and not VoIP / IPTV, but makes no reference to VLAN ids.
Those are probably left-over settings from older times where, yes, the IPTV decoder had to be plugged on one specific LAN port.
I do not have VoIP devices physically attached to the router, but I can see the phone cable plugged into the ONT to which the router is also plugged.
Modern gear offers an all-in-one box, which includes ONT and router.
From what I gather, the jury's still out on which is preferable (and why) btw ONT+Router+Deco and the one box.

That goes beyond my knowledge.
That said, on the actual, physical setup, the IPTV GUI for 'Manual Settings' explicitly refers to 'LAN port 3' and 'Lan Port 4' and not VoIP / IPTV, but makes no reference to VLAN ids.
Those are probably left-over settings from older times where, yes, the IPTV decoder had to be plugged on one specific LAN port.
I do not have VoIP devices physically attached to the router, but I can see the phone cable plugged into the ONT to which the router is also plugged.
Modern gear offers an all-in-one box, which includes ONT and router.
From what I gather, the jury's still out on which is preferable (and why) btw ONT+Router+Deco and the one box.
As far as i know, neutral router + landline, is not working unless the ISP specifically configurated the ONT to work with a landline directly from it
The VLAN ids are usually in this order, Internet, Voice (VoIP), Television (IPTV)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!