What's new

Request: Suggestions on a wireless bridge between two homes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I found a Canadian reseller that had 7 in stock, and by the time I was home and able to sit down and order them, they were out again.
If you still can't lay your hands on the 2AC model in particular, I happened across a nice article summarizing Ubiquiti's whole line of PtP/PtMP products; maybe you can find another one that will meet your needs. As far as I can tell, the "airMAX ac" models all have about the same software features.

Last edited:
Follow-up now that I've had the NanoBeam 2AC units for a few weeks: I'm still very happy with them. After I'd had them a little bit I turned on the "automatic power control" feature instead of manually setting their output-power levels. That causes them to adjust Tx power based on what the other unit reports as received signal level. I see that the Tx power moves around by a few dB in this mode, but even with the APC control slider set to maximum, it tends to sit at or close to the minimum Tx level. So even through three oak floors, these things are just loafing in terms of Tx power, and performance is rock solid. So I'm thinking that a pair of 5ACs would have worked fine too, though probably at higher power level. If you still can't lay your hands on 2AC units, but can find 5AC, it'd be worth a try.

Not yet :)

Seriously, these are subject to exactly the same output power limitations as any other unlicensed wifi gear. I think it's the directional antennas that make them work well at low power in this scenario.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!