What's new

Respond Ping Request from WAN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gijs007

New Around Here
I've enabled the option: Respond Ping Request from WAN and noticed that when my computer is turned off but the router is still on the ping request doesn't get answered.
Is it possible to make the router answer ping requests so I can monitor my ISP's network stability 24/7 even when the pc is off?

I have DMZ turned on btw, perhaps this is why?

I've enabled the option: Respond Ping Request from WAN and noticed that when my computer is turned off but the router is still on the ping request doesn't get answered.
Is it possible to make the router answer ping requests so I can monitor my ISP's network stability 24/7 even when the pc is off?

I have DMZ turned on btw, perhaps this is why?

Yes, disable DMZ. DMZ causes a lot of traffic to be routed to the DMZ computer and shouldn't be used outside of troubleshooting issues unless you have a very specific reason to, as it will create a lot of other issues. Use port forwards and uPNP instead.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!