What's new

Restoring VPN connection after ISP hickup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Vince

Occasional Visitor
Last I lost connection with my ISP for a few minutes, while operating an Asus/Merlin RT-AC86U with client openvpn configuration. After ISP was online again the VPN-connection did not re-connect automatically. After searching I found a setting "Poll interval" which would check the VPN tunnel and re-establish the tunnel if it is down.
Now I read that Merlin is planning to remove the function because it was not working correct:
- CHANGED: Revised OpenVPN client options:
o Removed "Poll Interval" (which didn't work properly)

Is there maybe a custom-openvpn setting doing the job or can it only be done manually?

Last I lost connection with my ISP for a few minutes, while operating an Asus/Merlin RT-AC86U with client openvpn configuration. After ISP was online again the VPN-connection did not re-connect automatically. After searching I found a setting "Poll interval" which would check the VPN tunnel and re-establish the tunnel if it is down.
Now I read that Merlin is planning to remove the function because it was not working correct:
- CHANGED: Revised OpenVPN client options:
o Removed "Poll Interval" (which didn't work properly)

Is there maybe a custom-openvpn setting doing the job or can it only be done manually?
The broken setting is replaced by a new, working implementation based on a Cron job. Please check the latest changelog for more info.

Note that this option deals with cases where the Openvpn client quits, is unrelated to reconnecting - it never was.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk