What's new

Revert ASUS RT-AC56U no internet, how to revert to asus firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

shark98

New Around Here
Hello, a couple of days ago I installed the latest merlin (380.64_2), the router works fine but does not connect to the internet ... I do not know if it is a firmware problem or the router itself but I would like to install the original firmware again.
I find it impossible, it tells me that I can not install old firmware and for my router to date there is no compatible verision (most recent in asus web page: 9.0.0.4.380.2695).
Is there any way to reinstall the previous software? Thank you

It does not work, does it error with the different firmwares, some other idea or some other method?

All times I try to load a previous firmware to 9.0.0.4.380.3000 ... error!
Using recovery/rescue mode with newest merlin firmwares works ok.
I will try to contact asus to see if there is a more modern firmware version for my router that is not listed. What a crappy router, expensive and no official updates for months when other models of the same date have them (ac66u). I feel forgotten and cheated.

First of all thank you very much for the help!
I'll try what you tell me to see if there's luck ...

Thank you very much, I just saw it and I have restored the router with no problem. It is a bit sad that the users of the RT-AC56U are forgotten by ASUS, but I hope that from now they update as they do with other similar models. The update you sent me is 2017/01/19, I think there are still three or four more updates to put that router up to date like de AC66U, but something is something ...

It is curious that it has been to start asking in forums and also in the technical support of ASUS and suddenly the updates that according to the technician of the own brand with which I spoke did not exist because the router did not already have failures begin to appear in its web It's official, better late than never ...