What's new

Revert from "Mediabridge" to "Wireless router mode"

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

octopus

Part of the Furniture
How to revert from Mediabrige to Wireless router mode.
I can't connect to webinteface to Mediabridged router (rt_ac56u), rt-ac68u is wireless router mode)

Octopus

How to revert from Mediabrige to Wireless router mode.
I can't connect to webinteface to Mediabridged router (rt_ac56u), rt-ac68u is wireless router mode)
You can reset the router via the button on the back and then reconfigure it from scratch - but keep in mind that the default router IP will be 192.168.1.1 - maybe the same as your main router - so better connect it via cable with a laptop (or standalone PC) to configure it at first.

You can reset the router via the button on the back and then reconfigure it from scratch - but keep in mind that the default router IP will be 192.168.1.1 - maybe the same as your main router - so better connect it via cable with a laptop (or standalone PC) to configure it at first.
okay that was what I thought. I hoped to let it go. But if that's the only possibility then.

okay that was what I thought. I hoped to let it go. But if that's the only possibility then.

What other option is there though? If you insist on using web UI then I guess you need to find out the IP or the bridge, I think it simply changed. However, I don’t know what’s the benefit of doing so instead of going with reset or WPS button.

Try using Asus's Device Discovery tool, downloadable from their support site.