What's new

Voxel Reverting to stock (R7800)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mohcse

New Around Here
Hi,
Will it delete everything related to Voxel & Kamoj from my R7800 if I just flash the original Netgear firmware from the router GUI ?

I have the most recent Voxel and Kamoj releases installed on my router.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forums @mohcse.

After you flash the stock NG firmware you want to use, be sure you do a full reset to factory defaults too on the router.

In the GUI, it may seem everything is gone from Voxel/Kamoj, but some low-level bits of code may still be there to haunt you. ;)

Welcome to the forums @mohcse.

After you flash the stock NG firmware you want to use, be sure you do a full reset to factory defaults too on the router.

In the GUI, it may seem everything is gone from Voxel/Kamoj, but some low-level bits of code may still be there to haunt you. ;)
Actually, I have done that because I discovered that I can not connect to PureVPN via PPTP protocol with Voxel firmware.

I was able to do that Two weeks ago with the original firmware.

Anyway, now that I have flashed the original firmware again, I still can not connect to PureVPN using the PPTP protocol. So I guess Voxel is not the culprit here unless those low-level bits code are not that low lol

I don't know what is the reason, could be my new ISP (just started the service Two days ago, was able to connect with PPTP protocol during the trial period though). Could be something else.

I have to keep checking with my premitive network related skills (Civil Engineer is here).

Update: Reinstalled Voxel and Kamoj, and tested PureVPN PPTP connection with another ISP, and it worked!

So the problem is caused by my new ISP.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!