What's new

ROG GT-AXE11000 Pre-Ordered

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wickedny5

Occasional Visitor
Hey All, was able to secure 2 of these when I saw it available for sale in the early morning hours of January 1st off amazon. After I told a friend about it I couldn’t find it back on Amazon after searching for it which I found weird, but here’s the link below if anyone’s trying to find it on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08RWBPBBR/?tag=snbforums-20

Attachments

• E92C13C3-5B25-4BD8-AF4E-BB20926D52B3.png
    E92C13C3-5B25-4BD8-AF4E-BB20926D52B3.png
    158.1 KB · Views: 309
what is the difference between getting 2.4 Gbps on 5Ghz AX band vs 2.4 Gbps on 6Ghz AX band? My area has zero other AX networks interference so what might be the benefits of this new 6Ghz band?
My another concern is the presence of just 1 2.5 Gbe port. There should be two such ports. Preferably 5 or 10 Gbe. Because the price they are charging for this thing, this is ridiculous. Plus no Merlin support.
Try harder Asus!!

what is the difference between getting 2.4 Gbps on 5Ghz AX band vs 2.4 Gbps on 6Ghz AX band? My area has zero other AX networks interference so what might be the benefits of this new 6Ghz band?
My another concern is the presence of just 1 2.5 Gbe port. There should be two such ports. Preferably 5 or 10 Gbe. Because the price they are charging for this thing, this is ridiculous. Plus no Merlin support.
Try harder Asus!!
There is more to the GT-AXE11000 than just adding the 6Ghz band. From Asus's preview videos the build quality of this thing looks like it's going to be exceptional. It should be a competitive premium Wifi 6E product well into the future. If only it had a Merlin option to look forward to... for that we will have to wait for the next round of Asus Wifi 6E routers.

The potential benefits of the new 6GHz band are that greater than 160MHz bandwidth should become available with some router offerings.

The potential downsides are that this extra throughput will be available at a slightly smaller range than on the 5GHz band.

What I am waiting to see implemented is the faster processors and greater RAM required to handle many client devices at once with the new band. Particularly on a true Tri-Radio, simultaneously, capable device.

With a single RJ45 2.5GbE Port today, we can have a faster LAN or a faster WAN. But either way, the latency improvements over and above even what the RT-AX86U provides today should be obvious.

Not only should all (premium) routers offered today have at least 1 each of 2.5GbE WAN and LAN Ports, ideally, all the ports should be 5.0GbE/2.5GbE too. If not 5 or more (low power 'LP') 10GbE Port offerings.

I'm expecting the 'RT' successor to this 'GT-AXE' model to have this in 2023. If Asus' past models are anything to go by. :)

According to ASUS customer service, GT-AXE11000 pre order Qty is already sold out, but they will refill the stock again soon in these days, so just keep watching it.

That is one ugly router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!