What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 3.0.0.4.382.10767 issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Exhaulted1

New Around Here
I don't expect a lot of responses as it was only just released in the US but these are the issues I am having at present

#1 DDNS using asuscomm.com is not updating my ip address. I made sure to turn off and release the DDNS from my RT-AC5300 before adding it into the GT-5300

#2 No clients at all are appearing in QoS - WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor. This one if particularly annoying btw

#3 After renaming 4 or 5 clients in Network Map I can no longer rename any clients, not even the ones I have already renamed. I reset router to factory defaults and restarted the configuration from scratch and ran into the same limitation again.

Just throwing it out there.

use the feedback section to report this direct to asus as im sure thats the quickest way to get it resolved

I don't expect a lot of responses as it was only just released in the US but these are the issues I am having at present

#1 DDNS using asuscomm.com is not updating my ip address. I made sure to turn off and release the DDNS from my RT-AC5300 before adding it into the GT-5300

#2 No clients at all are appearing in QoS - WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor. This one if particularly annoying btw

#3 After renaming 4 or 5 clients in Network Map I can no longer rename any clients, not even the ones I have already renamed. I reset router to factory defaults and restarted the configuration from scratch and ran into the same limitation again.

Just throwing it out there.

I can verify #3 is an issue. I haven't tried the other 1 or 2.

Hi, I just reported some issues I have with the router on the latest FW at the moment (3.0.0.4.382_11242). Here is the response from ASUS. (Blue is the ASUS response, red is my reply to that)

Attachments

• 2017-05-05 09_09_26-Sent Items.png
    2017-05-05 09_09_26-Sent Items.png
    311.4 KB · Views: 858
Here is the response from ASUS. (Blue is the ASUS response, red is my reply to that)

i concur with the last one about the media bridge , this is a limitation of any wireless / client bridge and always has been as all devices behind the bridge are stamped with the mac address of the bridge its self so you cant individually control those clients or their behaviors , its one of the reasons to avoid repeaters and extenders and the like as well but in this case it has always effected all clients behind the bridge

do yourself a bif favor and get some ethernet run as its a far better option or at least try powerline adapters

Noticed this in the log file numerous times. Not sure what it means but obviously a bug. - May 4 14:45:35 kernel: jffs2: warning: (652) jffs2_sum_write_data: Not enough space for summary, padsize = -1923

i concur with the last one about the media bridge , this is a limitation of any wireless / client bridge and always has been as all devices behind the bridge are stamped with the mac address of the bridge its self so you cant individually control those clients or their behaviors , its one of the reasons to avoid repeaters and extenders and the like as well but in this case it has always effected all clients behind the bridge

do yourself a bif favor and get some ethernet run as its a far better option or at least try powerline adapters

You can still log in to the AC87U configuration (by using its new IP address) and look at individual devices, rename them, change DHCP settings etc. I would have definitely ran ethernet if I had the chance. Never had good luck with powerline adapters. However, the media bridge mode serves its purpose perfectly. Consistently getting 1300+ mbps connection. I was just suggesting that it would be nice to see the devices from the bridge on the main router as well. It's all software, there can be a deamon communicating the two routers for such network map I assume. But if there aren't many media bridge users, I doubt they'll spend the resources to develop that feature :)

You can still log in to the AC87U configuration (by using its new IP address) and look at individual devices, rename them, change DHCP settings etc. I would have definitely ran ethernet if I had the chance. Never had good luck with powerline adapters. However, the media bridge mode serves its purpose perfectly. Consistently getting 1300+ mbps connection. I was just suggesting that it would be nice to see the devices from the bridge on the main router as well. It's all software, there can be a deamon communicating the two routers for such network map I assume. But if there aren't many media bridge users, I doubt they'll spend the resources to develop that feature :)

Lucky you have a stable version mine is crashing constantly

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!