1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

Discussion in 'ASUS AC Routers & Adapters' started by madhatter01, Apr 26, 2017.

1. madhatter01

madhatter01 Regular Contributor

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. Logi

Logi Regular Contributor

Is this router only for Gaming or can it be used as a general purpose router as well? I like the quad core CPU and 1GB RAM, I do not play games though

4. madhatter01

Its works like a normal router. It just has a ton of options for gaming.

[​IMG]

5. Logi

Logi Regular Contributor

Do you know if the interface can be changed to the Asus default one?

6. madhatter01

Not that I know of. Why would you, its almost the same just more flashy. I like it.

ualdrivr likes this.
  7. Logi

Logi Regular Contributor

mmm, too flashy to me, my fault

8. madhatter01

Trust me, its neat. There are alot of cool settings now. I had the AC5300 before, so I can see the difference. The Antivirus stuff is really good.

9. Logi

Logi Regular Contributor

I am thinking about it, currently I have the RT-5300, would it be possible for you to post more screenshots? Thanks

10. madhatter01

Tell me what you would like screenshots of.

11. Logi

Logi Regular Contributor

I would say Main Screen, Wireless Configuration and System Log

12. Pathfindercod

Pathfindercod Occasional Visitor

I am on my second thinking my first one was bad. I have an original ac5300 that works like a charm. Bought the new one and plugged it in and it says no cable plugged into the wan port. Reset power on everything same thing. Weird. Plugged my original 5300 in and works like a charm. Plugged in my ac3100 works like a charm. Plugged the new dog ac5300'in says no cablenin wan port.

Took t back to Best Buy. Drove another hour to a different Best Buy and bought another. It's doing the same exact thing. No cablenin wan port. So now back on my original ac5300.

What's up Asus?!?!?!?!

Possibly my modem? But it works with the old 5300 and 3100. I'm confused and sad. Also just put the latest firmware on it. Still no go. It just will not detect a cable plugged into the WAN port.

13. Pierino

Pierino Very Senior Member

Unplug the modem and plug it back in, I sometimes have to do that when switching routers.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  14. Pathfindercod

Pathfindercod Occasional Visitor

That was done several times. Going to take my modem to charter tomorrow and get them to switch it out. Also will take it to work and test it on my circuit there. :( man the trouble for a router when I have two others working fine, LOL.

15. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

When you switch router, cablemodems require between 5 and 30 minutes before the DHCP lease to the old router can be released, and the ISP will accept to issue a lease to the new MAC address. That's not a problem with the router, it's how most ISP's DHCP server work. You need to unplug the power of your modem for 5-30 minutes.

ualdrivr likes this.
  16. madhatter01

Woke up this morning and it was dead. The power light was on and no other ones. I powered it off and back on and nothing but power light. So I tried to factory reset it and the power light blinks but nothing else. So I am guessing it died after 2 days. I will exchange it later today.

I still had my RT-AC5300 there and I put it back in until I get it swapped.

kvic likes this.
  17. VANT

VANT Very Senior Member

Why my post in this topic was deleted ? I asked madhatter01 for important information, and i watch now and my post is gone, also with quoted madhatter01 post

18. madhatter01

I didnt delete it. I will have my new one in a few hours. Try to post it again. I will do my best to answer it.

19. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

Asus deleted the previous post you made with these screenshots, as they came from a private beta release. Since you reposted the same screenshots, this time I'm the one who deleted them, since it seems to be Asus's wish that people not post screenshots from private betas.

20. madhatter01

Did I post anything I was not supposed to? The screenshots I used were just from images from Google or my own. I was not using any private beta's.

21. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

No, not you. Vant did in his post.

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!