What's new

Route

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Chief

New Around Here
Hello,

I’ve got the following question:

What I am trying to establisch is to connect from outside (WAN) true my Asus VPN-server (client get 10.8.0.0 ip-adres from VPN-server) and connect to my entire inside lan network (192.168.2.0).

Set-up:
Modem service provider > Asus RT-AC 88U (latest Merlin firmware and amtm running).

3 x VPN client (always on).

VPN server-1 (always on).

Daily reboots enabled.

I can connect to the VPN server on the Asus RT-AC 88U.

Under Lan > route, I created a rule as following:

Netwerk/Host-IP Netmasker Gateway Metric Interface

10.8.0.0 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0 1 all interfaces I select wil work.

Or:

Netwerk/Host-IP Netmasker Gateway Metric Interface

10.8.0.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.2.0 1 all interfaces I select wil work.

First off all, I don’t know of this is the right rule but this works. But not for a long time. After a few hours and after a router reboot, I can’t reach the devices in the inside lan anymore.
The VPN-server is always working so that’s not the problem.

So where am I going wrong?

Thanks in advance.
Chief

Solved.

When I disable the VPN clients I don't have to create a route and can connect to the internal lan.

Unfortunately its not the way I want it to got it working.....

Solved.

When I disable the VPN clients I don't have to create a route and can connect to the internal lan.

Unfortunately its not the way I want it to got it working.....

Thanks for sharing solution, it is working for me as well. I am also facing this issue and I want to get rid of this problem and I am very happy I found your post. While searching for it online, I also found http://ecobnb.com/blog/2023/01/write-persuasive-essay-environment/ website where I found an article about an essay on the environment. I am not so good at writing an essay assignment and that is why I always save that link where I found information related to essay assignments.
Thanks for sharing solution, it is working for me as well :)

Last edited:
Hello,

Solution: I placed a vpn-server (softether) inside my lan and that solved the problem :)

Chief.