Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

router.asus.com removal

Discussion in 'ASUS Wireless' started by bryantjopplin, Aug 12, 2017.

1. bryantjopplin

bryantjopplin Occasional Visitor

I'm sure that this has been discussed, but as I don't know the real name to look it up, I'm at a loss. I have two asus routers and am having issues that both are resolving at router.asus.com and is causing issue. I just would like to disable both. I have a gt-ac5300 and a rt-ac66u in bridge mode. I have ssh enable on both as well. If i knew what this was called, I could probably be done. Thanks

2. bryantjopplin

Well it seems that it might have been the merlin build on the ac66u. Defaulted it and back to stock and now everything seems fine as repeater mode. Not Sure as to why but the gt-ac5300 no longer shows up as router.asus.com or does the 66u. Maybe they have to be in stock form for this to work. Just to mention, i also tried advanced tomato and ddwrt and i didnt like them and they would not show my 5g band on the 66u.

3. KevTech

KevTech Very Senior Member

If using Merlin firmware there is an option on the Administration tab to disable redirect to router.asus.com

If on stock firmware you can add an entry into the hosts file.

Place one of these into the hosts file.

0.0.0.0 router.asus.com
    127.0.0.1 router.asus.com

4. bryantjopplin

I did have it disabled on the Merlin firmware. It made no difference. Not sure if factory reset had anything to do with it but stock firmware on both works great.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk