What's new

router.asus.com removal

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bryantjopplin

Occasional Visitor
I'm sure that this has been discussed, but as I don't know the real name to look it up, I'm at a loss. I have two asus routers and am having issues that both are resolving at router.asus.com and is causing issue. I just would like to disable both. I have a gt-ac5300 and a rt-ac66u in bridge mode. I have ssh enable on both as well. If i knew what this was called, I could probably be done. Thanks

Well it seems that it might have been the merlin build on the ac66u. Defaulted it and back to stock and now everything seems fine as repeater mode. Not Sure as to why but the gt-ac5300 no longer shows up as router.asus.com or does the 66u. Maybe they have to be in stock form for this to work. Just to mention, i also tried advanced tomato and ddwrt and i didnt like them and they would not show my 5g band on the 66u.

I'm sure that this has been discussed, but as I don't know the real name to look it up, I'm at a loss. I have two asus routers and am having issues that both are resolving at router.asus.com and is causing issue. I just would like to disable both. I have a gt-ac5300 and a rt-ac66u in bridge mode. I have ssh enable on both as well. If i knew what this was called, I could probably be done. Thanks

If using Merlin firmware there is an option on the Administration tab to disable redirect to router.asus.com

If on stock firmware you can add an entry into the hosts file.

Place one of these into the hosts file.

0.0.0.0 router.asus.com
127.0.0.1 router.asus.com

If using Merlin firmware there is an option on the Administration tab to disable redirect to router.asus.com

If on stock firmware you can add an entry into the hosts file.

Place one of these into the hosts file.

0.0.0.0 router.asus.com
127.0.0.1 router.asus.com
I did have it disabled on the Merlin firmware. It made no difference. Not sure if factory reset had anything to do with it but stock firmware on both works great.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk