What's new

Router finds node for few seconds. Then untraceble.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Staffan Lindblad

New Around Here
Aimesh: Got an AC68 and bought another router to setup an aimesh system. Followed and tried every guide, official and unofficial. Everything works while setting up the node. When switching to the main router this shows up for a few seconds (see picture), then it goes away and the router says it cannot find any nodes. But apparently there is a node to find!?? Firmware updated, tried both wireless and LAN, both reseted.

What is wrong (the two are three feet apart, so no bad connection)?

upload_2018-4-12_22-41-9.png

What do you mean, "When switching to the main router..."? Switching what from where?

OE

Aimesh: Got an AC68 and bought another router to setup an aimesh system. Followed and tried every guide, official and unofficial. Everything works while setting up the node. When switching to the main router this shows up for a few seconds (see picture), then it goes away and the router says it cannot find any nodes. But apparently there is a node to find!?? Firmware updated, tried both wireless and LAN, both reseted.

What is wrong (the two are three feet apart, so no bad connection)?

View attachment 12684

Have seen posts which have advised sometimes takes several attempts , tho mine connected first time. Initial setup for node MUST be wireless not LAN.

Sorry, moving on to the router after setting up the node (so it's waiting for connection).

Given the node-to-be has AiMesh firmware installed and then has been factory default reset, the only setup required is to turn it ON and place it about 5 feet away from the router.

I've never seen a router not find a node and add it to the AiMesh on the first attempt.

OE

I have a AC86u and AC68u AiMesh system. Then I decided to buy another 86u and the version that came after purchase was a AC2900 (apparently same with 86u). I had the exact same situation with the new one as you. Flashed and reset to factory defaults many times. Even I set it up as wireless router, AiMesh icon never appeared on main network map page. I send it back to Asus and they will replace it.

After you upgrade aimesh supported FW, please do the reset default again in your new Node. Go back to access WebUI in AiMesh Router (main).

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 ASUS_Z012DA 發送

first update to recent 20942 firmware and make factory reset by reset button for 15s on backside on both units.
Dont touch the node, just let it power on, no config at all for this to be done on my node.
All is done on parent-router.

This worked for me since 20308, maybe for others too and not for all ...

Last edited:
in my case i cant add node after only nvram erase, i must connect to node and using qis to set as aimesh node, then i can add node without any problems.
In earlier fw (648) i can add after nvram erase without using qis.