What's new

Router LED Light Schedule

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

outlaw78

Regular Contributor
Hey Merlin,

Just a quick feature suggestion concerning the LED light toggle on the routers. I use a mesh network with one node in the bedroom. I normally run with this LED "OFF" because its so bright at night. But it would be nice to be able to schedule this light on and off so you can see if the router is experiencing problems by a flashing light during waking hours without having to always go into the GUI to turn it on and off. I am using an XT-16000, with 3 nodes. An AC-5300 and two Zenwifi ET8 6e.

Last edited:

Awesome. Thank you. I'll look into this.

Im not really familiar with scripts but I guess it's time to learn. Was hoping to just be able to do it thru the GUI. Also, is this for every router on my mesh or can it be programed for a specific mesh router?

Last edited:
Awesome. Thank you. I'll look into this.

Im not really familiar with scripts but I guess it's time to learn. Was hoping to just be able to do it thru the GUI. Also, is this for every router on my mesh or can it be programed for a specific mesh router?
It's for each router. That variable is specific to Asuswrt-Merlin, therefore it does not propagate to AiMesh nodes.

It's for each router. That variable is specific to Asuswrt-Merlin, therefore it does not propagate to AiMesh nodes.
Ok now you lost me lol... Would I need to install asuswrt-merlin to the nodes to get it to work?

Yes, you will need to install Asuswrt-merlin on the node(s). You then get AMTM which has the LED Control script.
I have a remote location with an AiMesh node (AX58U) in the bedroom area. I installed Asuswrt-merlin just to get the LED control. Works well.

Yes, you will need to install Asuswrt-merlin on the node(s). You then get AMTM which has the LED Control script.
I have a remote location with an AiMesh node (AX58U) in the bedroom area. I installed Asuswrt-merlin just to get the LED control. Works well.
It looks like there is no merlin firmware for my nodes yet. Zen ET8

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!