What's new

router login while on VPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

unclebuk

How is that I can login to an AC88U while my laptop is connected to a vpn? I have NO access via WAN, no telnet or SSH enabled? Can someone clue me in on this issue?

Thanks in advance.
unclebuk

You need to provide more details. You are connecting to a VPN running on your router or another device on your network? If so; yes, it's as if you're there.

Or, is your configuration somehow different?

hello,

Thanks for replying.

The laptop is running tunnelblick with openVPN, the router is normal PPPoE, no vpn running. Previously when I attempted to login to the asus router while my laptop is connected to vpn I could not open the asus webGUI, however, now when I try it I can login to the router while laptop is connected to the vpn.

My question remains, i could not login to the router while laptop is on vpn but now I can. I have changed to merlin fw on one of the routers, other is stock, both accept login from vpn protected device but could not previously and I have no clue what I did or changed that allows this.

This making any sense?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!