What's new

Router offline because of ISP issue, but no DNS resolve internal

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Krism

Regular Contributor
Because of some ISP troubles my ax86 gets frequent disconnections sometimes few seconds, sometimes minutes.
Now when disconnected, there is no DNS resolving either for my internal LAN devices. Is there a way to keep internal DNS/devicename resolving betweem themselves?

Is “Enable WAN down browser redirect notice” disabled on the Administration / System page?

Because of some ISP troubles my ax86 gets frequent disconnections sometimes few seconds, sometimes minutes.
Now when disconnected, there is no DNS resolving either for my internal LAN devices. Is there a way to keep internal DNS/devicename resolving betweem themselves?
Sometimes the issue is in your ISP DNS servers. Configuring other DNS providers prevents that from affecting you.

Sometimes the issue is in your ISP DNS servers. Configuring other DNS providers prevents that from affecting you.
This can only work if WAN is connected. My thread is when WAN is disconnected en thus want just name resolving for LAN devices

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!