What's new

Router Recommendations for Wyze Cams 2.4GHz Throughput/Range

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jsims

Occasional Visitor
Hey everyone. I was looking to upgrade my router I have now, an Asus RT-AC1900P, to help boost the 2.4GHz band range and throughput for some Wyze Cams v2 I have.
I plan on getting newer Wyze cams too, but I want to make sure I have enough range and throughput on my one central wifi router to be able to handle all 3 of them. Don't really have any other devices that use constant wireless bandwidth.
I've just noticed that the wireless speed of my live feeds on my cameras sometimes lacks during the days, or one will be slow while the others are ok (and vice versa).
I've checked the router ranker and charts and i've found a contender, but my choice comes down to a couple points.

1. The first point is that i'm assuming that Wifi6 is leagues better than Wifi5 (as far as range/throughput), but i'm not sure. Can anyone attest to this?
2. In the Wifi6 case, the Asus AX5700 sounds up my alley. But i'd also like to get the best value router I can. I couldn't find any obvious ones, but are there any Asus routers on par with the AX5700 that are say in the $80 to 200 range? Taking throughput/range into consideration?

Hey everyone. I was looking to upgrade my router I have now, an Asus RT-AC1900P, to help boost the 2.4GHz band range and throughput for some Wyze Cams v2 I have.
I plan on getting newer Wyze cams too, but I want to make sure I have enough range and throughput on my one central wifi router to be able to handle all 3 of them. Don't really have any other devices that use constant wireless bandwidth.
I've just noticed that the wireless speed of my live feeds on my cameras sometimes lacks during the days, or one will be slow while the others are ok (and vice versa).
I've checked the router ranker and charts and i've found a contender, but my choice comes down to a couple points.

1. The first point is that i'm assuming that Wifi6 is leagues better than Wifi5 (as far as range/throughput), but i'm not sure. Can anyone attest to this?
2. In the Wifi6 case, the Asus AX5700 sounds up my alley. But i'd also like to get the best value router I can. I couldn't find any obvious ones, but are there any Asus routers on par with the AX5700 that are say in the $80 to 200 range? Taking throughput/range into consideration?

My Wyze cam v3 will connect to my RT-AX86U 2.4 guest1 WLAN at wireless-n 20Mhz bw ~72Mbps Tx rate at over 125' through house and detached garage, brick/drywall construction. I have to reboot the cam to get it to connect to the much closer garage node. I would shop your new router by other criteria and assume your cams will come along for the ride just fine.

OE

My Wyze cam v3 will connect to my RT-AX86U 2.4 guest1 WLAN at wireless-n 20Mhz bw ~72Mbps Tx rate at over 125' through house and detached garage, brick/drywall construction. I have to reboot the cam to get it to connect to the much closer garage node. I would shop your new router by other criteria and assume your cams will come along for the ride just fine.

OE
What other criteria? If it has good range/throughput for the 2.4GHz band, i would assume it has similar improvements to the 5GHz band.
Not sure what else is really important besides range and Tx/Rx rate

What other criteria? If it has good range/throughput for the 2.4GHz band, i would assume it has similar improvements to the 5GHz band.
Not sure what else is really important besides range and Tx/Rx rate

Cost, availability, reputation, support, firmware, usability, features, reliability, etc.

OE

Yeah, i had cost and reliability in mind. Was already looking up reviews for the AX5700 before this, and it seems to be fine. Everything else with Asus is a given from what i've heard and in my experience, even though they may be on the more pricy side.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!