What's new

Router set as AP 5g speed less than half that of main unit- hard wired

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Matt832

New Around Here
I've got a RT-AC87u set up as my main router. I have a large home and had a relativly weak signal in my family room that servers my Fire Stick 4K. I added an old Asus rt-n53 router set in Access Point mode that is hard wired.. If I use the speed test app on the fire stick the 5g on my 87u clocks in at 177mbps even though it quite far away, but the N53 only shows 25mbps at 2 feet away. Why?

Hard wired speed test I get 255 mbs down from xfinity, so the 177mbs on the main 5g band is fine, the 25mbs on the secondary is not. Suggestions?

I've got a RT-AC87u set up as my main router. I have a large home and had a relativly weak signal in my family room that servers my Fire Stick 4K. I added an old Asus rt-n53 router set in Access Point mode that is hard wired.. If I use the speed test app on the fire stick the 5g on my 87u clocks in at 177mbps even though it quite far away, but the N53 only shows 25mbps at 2 feet away. Why?

Hard wired speed test I get 255 mbs down from xfinity, so the 177mbs on the main 5g band is fine, the 25mbs on the secondary is not. Suggestions?

At what link rate speed does the Fire Stick connect to the N53 (wireless-N speed x number of streams/antennas)?:

OE

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!