What's new

Router with wireless WAN (bridge)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AndersOhrt

New Around Here
I live in an apartment complex, where we have a common WLAN for all occupants. But, since the network is WEP with a trivial password and I don't trust my neighbors, I want to put all my equipment behind my own router. Some wireless (XBox and Wii), and some wired (fileserver, etc). Can anyone recommend a router that supports this? I prefer to not install custom firmware (like DD-WRT); I want a router that supports this built in. Or if this is not possible; are there WLAN to LAN bridge devices that can do this?

I too am in this situation, I though, have a Linksys WRT54GL and would be willing to try DD-WRT.

Routers that will support Repeater/Bridge

Hello:

I did some research this weekend and found three different routers that should easily handle this task, plus.

Buffalo has three different models that come with DD-WRT on them from the factory. The models are: WZR-HP-G300NH, WHR-HP-G300N, and the WHR-HP-GN.

I am personally looking into getting on of these models, probably the WZR-HP-G300NH.