1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

routing issue when coming in on openvpn server

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Revelstone77, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Revelstone77

Revelstone77 Regular Contributor

I have OpneVPN server running and i can connect just fine and pass thru to the internet. The problem is i cant get to other machines on the local network. My remote connection gets assigned a 10.2.x.x address and the local network is 192.168.x.x. I can ping the 86U and log into the web interface on it just fine, but can't ping other machines at all. I do have the vpn server set to allow both. Any ideas?

2. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

Check the firewall configuration on your machines, their firewall might reject trafic coming from 10.2.0.0/16.

amplatfus likes this.
  3. Revelstone77

Revelstone77 Regular Contributor

thanks, i will as soon as i get back home. I was hoping for something i could change remotely. :)