RP-AX56 can't use ethernet backhaul

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

mscrivo

Occasional Visitor
Well this is rather disappointing. I just installed a new RP-AX56 extender thinking it would be a great extender for my AX88U, and the thing doesn't support ethernet backhaul on the current (and only) firmware:

Screenshot 2021-03-04 124251.png

mscrivo

Occasional Visitor
I was not able to resolve it. Although, I never tried stock firmware on my AX88U, only using merlin firmware. Currently on 386.2 beta 1 and it's still showing the same warning. I contacted ASUS support about it and they said it should work as well. My guess is that they just couldn't get it in in time for the 1st firmware release and it will come in the next release hopefully.

yeah_mike

New Around Here
So I decided to buy this repeater anyway to test it out, and interestingly ethernet backhaul works for me! I'm using an XT8 running the latest stock firmware (3.0.0.4.386_41793) as the router and an RP-AC56 running the only firmware available (3.0.0.4.386_26131)

1615857298527.png

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!