What's new

RS819 vs RS1219+

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

southerndoc

New Around Here
I'm trying to figure out if the RS1219+ would be better or if I should only get the RS819. I realize the difference in drive bays and RJ45 ports, but curious if the extra processing power and memory will add any additional benefits.

I currently have an RS815+ with an expansion unit (8 x 8 TB drives). I'm planning on replacing all drives due to current ones being in service for >5 years. I've replaced some of the drives already due to heat issues. The unit wasn't optimally cooled resulting in early failures.

I want a 2-post solution -- so short form factor of 12" is preferred which is why I'm limiting to RS1219+ or RS819 instead of the RS820+.

Any opinions would be appreciated! My main use will be Apple Time Machine backups, CloudStation syncs, and Surveillance Station with 12 4k video feeds (may expand by an additional 4 feeds). I have a pfSense box that runs OpenVPN so I don't need VPN solutions on the Synology NAS.

Thanks!

Has anyone heard of an update on the RS1220+ release? Lot's of talk about a year ago but nothing of late. I ask as we have seen many of the other updated Synology products released already.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!