What's new

Rsetting to ASUS-WRT?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Skeptical.me

Very Senior Member
Hi,

When you reset the RT-AC86U by pressing the reset button on the back. Does that restore factory defaults? Or is Merlin still installed?(Im guessing it doesn't)

I just sold (and sent) an RT-AC86U on eBay and the customer just told me he doesn't want Merlin on it.

Cheers :)

There's only room for one firmware on the router.

There's only room for one firmware on the router.

Yeah, of course. :(

I should have realized that before I reset it and sent it. But luckily ASUS-WRT re-installation isn't like flashing DD-WRT so I'll talk him through it. Its just a matter of downloading ASUS-WRT and installing the usual way, isn't it?

Hi,

When you reset the RT-AC86U by pressing the reset button on the back. Does that restore factory defaults? Or is Merlin still installed?(Im guessing it doesn't)

I just sold (and sent) an RT-AC86U on eBay and the customer just told me he doesn't want Merlin on it.

Merlin remains, just your personal settings revert to default.

You can flash over it to anything I believe.

Hi,

Load the latest version of the stock firmware

Then reset the firmware to default.

Done.

Hi,

FIRST - point the buyer to Merlin webpage https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/features and gain an understanding of what he will LOSE if he reverts to stock firmware ... the fellow must be crazy :confused: :D.

FIRST - point the buyer to Merlin webpage https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/features and gain an understanding of what he will LOSE if he reverts to stock firmware ... the fellow must be crazy :confused: :D.

Well, good news. He actually wants Merlin. So, everything has turned out to be okay. I hope he also joins the forum here as well.

Customers are "always right" ... especially after a little "edumafaction" :D