What's new

rsync - segmentation fault

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GalaxHe

New Around Here
Hello,

I have an RT-AC66U installed with the release 380.58 from Merlin.

I have also installed Optware-NG + Transmission + MiniDlna (and configured the common stuff from this router such as SSH, openVPN...).

I have just install a NAS on my home network and looked forward to sync specific folders between this new NAS (QNAP) and the attached drive on the Asus router.

Rsync is embedded on the QNAP. Wanted to give it a try and was hard to have it installed on Asus.

First I had an error with the repository. After having a new look at the 'how-to', there is a new URL to used. Updated the ipkg.conf file with the new value. So now I have (for those who may search for the information)... had other issues with ipkg and after some search, all required information are available here :
https://github.com/Optware/Optware-ng

So finally able to install rsync but I am now unable to start it.

when running it :
# rsync
/tmp/mnt/sda2/optware-ng/bin/rsync: can't load library 'libattr.so.1'

Didn't know what to do, I ended up copying this file from an Entware backup that was still on my disk (not sure Entware/Optware libraries are compatible...).

Still not good :-( now the turn for other libraries to be missing :

ldd rsync (command to see the dependencies)
libattr.so.1 => /opt/lib/libattr.so.1 (0x2aac0000)
libacl.so.1 => not found
libiconv.so.2 => /opt/lib/libiconv.so.2 (0x2aad5000)
libc.so.1 => /opt/lib/libc.so.1 (0x2abc4000)
libc.so.6 => not found
ld-uClibc.so.1 => /opt/lib/ld-uClibc.so.1 (0x2aaa8000)

ld.so.1 => /opt/lib/ld.so.1 (0x2ae1d000) ===> appeared as missing after copying libc.so.6

I copied these missing libraries again from my entware backup.

Unfortunately when trying to start the rsync daemon (or the prog manually), I get 'Segmentation Fault' error and that's it :-(
I have no idea if this could be due to a bad configuration from /etc/rsyncd.conf or the /etc/default/rsync or due to the libraries.

But quite not fun to re-install the router to try it with entware-ng instead of optware-ng

If anyone has any idea, that would be great :)
and if you got optware-ng, can you check if you have these libraries with the command :
find . / -name *libattr*