What's new

RT-3100 Client List Constantly Resetting

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CheeseJam

New Around Here
I purchased a Asus RT-3100 about three months ago and flashed the latest Merlin firmware, 384.5. Everything has been flawless, up until this last week. My Android phone is typically able to "Cast" to a lot of devices in our house: 3 Sonos, 3 Chromecast, 1 Google Home, and 1 Smart Roku TV. This week, it consistently doesn't see some or all of those devices. My computer was having similar issues casting/seeing other devices. My Sonos systems have been acting funny as well.

When I go to my client list on the router's main page, every minute or so, the client list drops to zero and everything reconnects. I haven't necessary noticed any drops in internet: streaming, gaming, etc. hasn't been interrupted that I've seen.

I've heard Google Home and Chomecast can cause issues, so I tried unplugging all of those with no luck. I also tried resetting the router. There has been no new devices in at least a month, and I haven't changed any network setting since initially setting up the router. Any idea what's going on here and how to fix this? Any troubleshooting tips?

Thanks! :)

I purchased a Asus RT-3100 about three months ago and flashed the latest Merlin firmware, 384.5. Everything has been flawless, up until this last week. My Android phone is typically able to "Cast" to a lot of devices in our house: 3 Sonos, 3 Chromecast, 1 Google Home, and 1 Smart Roku TV. This week, it consistently doesn't see some or all of those devices. My computer was having similar issues casting/seeing other devices. My Sonos systems have been acting funny as well.

When I go to my client list on the router's main page, every minute or so, the client list drops to zero and everything reconnects. I haven't necessary noticed any drops in internet: streaming, gaming, etc. hasn't been interrupted that I've seen.

I've heard Google Home and Chomecast can cause issues, so I tried unplugging all of those with no luck. I also tried resetting the router. There has been no new devices in at least a month, and I haven't changed any network setting since initially setting up the router. Any idea what's going on here and how to fix this? Any troubleshooting tips?

Thanks! :)
I had this happen but it followed a flash to newer firmware. It was resolved by initiate and setup manually.

I had this happen but it followed a flash to newer firmware. It was resolved by initiate and setup manually.
Hey, thanks for your response!

What do you mean by "initiate and setup manually"? Is that a essentially a factory reset? I'm kind of a noob, sorry!

Hey, thanks for your response!

What do you mean by "initiate and setup manually"? Is that a essentially a factory reset? I'm kind of a noob, sorry!
Yes it is a full factory reset. You should see the option to reset or initiate under the administration settings. Use initiate and setup manually after, meaning do not import any settings.

Yes it is a full factory reset. You should see the option to reset or initiate under the administration settings. Use initiate and setup manually after, meaning do not import any settings.
This fixed it! Going 3 days strong now with no problems, thanks! Wonder what the problem was?

This fixed it! Going 3 days strong now with no problems, thanks! Wonder what the problem was?
most likely a setting that was possibly now incompatible with the new FW due to changes they make to stuff.. If you haven't I'd also suggest a power cycle. Leave if off for 30+secs then fire it up. Just to be sure everything is cleared.

@CheeseJam when you said "everything drops to zero" in the client list did you mean that the rx & tx speeds drop to zero Mbps or did you mean that the page list of clients goes away for a second then repopulates?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!