1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

RT-3100 Client List Constantly Resetting

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by CheeseJam, Jul 13, 2018.

1. CheeseJam

CheeseJam New Around Here

I purchased a Asus RT-3100 about three months ago and flashed the latest Merlin firmware, 384.5. Everything has been flawless, up until this last week. My Android phone is typically able to "Cast" to a lot of devices in our house: 3 Sonos, 3 Chromecast, 1 Google Home, and 1 Smart Roku TV. This week, it consistently doesn't see some or all of those devices. My computer was having similar issues casting/seeing other devices. My Sonos systems have been acting funny as well.

When I go to my client list on the router's main page, every minute or so, the client list drops to zero and everything reconnects. I haven't necessary noticed any drops in internet: streaming, gaming, etc. hasn't been interrupted that I've seen.

I've heard Google Home and Chomecast can cause issues, so I tried unplugging all of those with no luck. I also tried resetting the router. There has been no new devices in at least a month, and I haven't changed any network setting since initially setting up the router. Any idea what's going on here and how to fix this? Any troubleshooting tips?

Thanks! :)

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. skeal

skeal Part of the Furniture

I had this happen but it followed a flash to newer firmware. It was resolved by initiate and setup manually.

4. CheeseJam

Hey, thanks for your response!

What do you mean by "initiate and setup manually"? Is that a essentially a factory reset? I'm kind of a noob, sorry!

5. skeal

skeal Part of the Furniture

Yes it is a full factory reset. You should see the option to reset or initiate under the administration settings. Use initiate and setup manually after, meaning do not import any settings.

6. CheeseJam

This fixed it! Going 3 days strong now with no problems, thanks! Wonder what the problem was?

skeal likes this.
  7. Sinner

Sinner Senior Member

most likely a setting that was possibly now incompatible with the new FW due to changes they make to stuff.. If you haven't I'd also suggest a power cycle. Leave if off for 30+secs then fire it up. Just to be sure everything is cleared.

CheeseJam likes this.
Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!