What's new

RT-5300 5Ghz-2 bad speeds.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ComputerSteve

I notice that the 5GHZ2 on all 3 of my RT-5300s is abysmal. I’m getting max 200 mbps meanwhile it’s saying it’s connected at 1200mbps on my MacBook / iMac. I notice that if I switch it to the 5GHZ channel it works fine. The speeds are close to my 1gig internet speed I’m getting 800mbps. Why on all three of these 5300s is the speed so bad on 5GHZ-2? Anyone else notice this ?

On a friends RT-AC5300 I fixed 5G-1 on 80MHz and channel 40. On the 5G-2 I left the channel on Auto.

Yeah I mean I tried everything the speed of 5GHZ-2 seems limited compared to 5GHZ-1. This doesn’t seem to be defective hardware since I have 3 acting the same way.

His is on stock firmware. Just flashed the newest, it was about a year since last one.
He's using the same name for all 3 bands. He hasn't called to say of any issues but he mentioned some drops before my visit.

The issue is the speed works weirdly.. Meaning its fast then a few hours later it drops to like 100mpbs then a few hours later its over 800. There seems to be no reason / changing the channels doesn't help it its just weird i've never had that problem with wireless routers.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!