What's new

RT-86U Slow Gigabit Speeds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

chaseacej

New Around Here
I am getting slow gigabit speeds through my RT-86U router. I have Centurylink gigabit connection through PPPOE. Speeds I am getting rarely top out over 200mbps. Both direct wired and wireless.

I had the most recent Asus firmware and also currenlty running the newest marlin firmware. I have QoS turned off and both versions of hardware acceleration enabled. Nothing seems to be helping.

I am getting slow gigabit speeds through my RT-86U router. I have Centurylink gigabit connection through PPPOE. Speeds I am getting rarely top out over 200mbps. Both direct wired and wireless.

I had the most recent Asus firmware and also currenlty running the newest marlin firmware. I have QoS turned off and both versions of hardware acceleration enabled. Nothing seems to be helping.

Is it fiber optic into the home? Twisted-pair copper?

OE

Fiber.

I had the Centurylink tech come and make sure it wasn't anything on their end. He said that unless you boot the device into safe mode the speed tests wont show the full gig speed.

Fiber.

I had the Centurylink tech come and make sure it wasn't anything on their end. He said that unless you boot the device into safe mode the speed tests wont show the full gig speed.
I have rt-ac86u as well with pppoe and symmetrical gigabit. No problem getting the speed on my end with router.
What are the specs of your pc which you using to test internet speed, also can you bypass Asus router and try directly to rule out isp.

The tech brought in his laptop and under safe mode was getting the full 900+ speed. I have tried two different devices directly wired. One a few year old core i3 and the other a yoga laptop with a gigabit USB c adapter.

Did you resolve this? Mine was working and then speed went down again