What's new

RT AC 66u wishlist

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

joltdude

Regular Contributor
Things id like to see in the RT-AC66u firmware

1. Allow for multiple NTP servers and fallback/round robin selection...

(I use my own NTP server with GPS but would like it to fall back to the pool.ntp.org if its offline/skewed too much) (Ideally id love to stick an NMEA gps or somehow hook a RTC module up via USB (ChronoDot) possibly to grab the time and serve it via onboard NTPd

2. Let me disable amule/bittorrent in the web ui while allowing download master to still run... Ideally id like to see the download manager have most of its components updated (pretty sure its using a stale version of transmission)

3.would like to see a move to entware pre setup in Merlin firmware.. (hoping theres some goodies to be had such as squeezeplug in that repository)

4. Allow for load balancing between ac66 and a wifi 4g hotspot (clear wireless for instance).. or at least fallback...

I'd like to be able to choose the folder you can download torrents too or rename them before downloading. That and the option to remove remove amule

Christmas is coming soon and my wishes for my router are:

Dear Santa !!
In times where Smartphone manufacturers are flooding the market with Android device that are not rooted, and Google does not allow to edit the host-file or allows firewalls to be installed on non-rooted devices, I wish I could configure my Router-Firewall (RT-AC66U) as easily as that is possible in windows software firewalls, where I can store a file (e.g. on a connected USB Stick) or on the JFFS- partition as a base for the firewall !
And if possible I'd love to habe an adblocker in adition to that !
I hope, dear Santa, or whoever might feel responsible to take up my wish... make it come true ! :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!