What's new

RT-AC-68U client status incorrect and dropping signal

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gogreen1

Regular Contributor
I've noticed since the recent firmware update of my RT-AC68U that the client status is incorrect--it reports 2 wired users, when there is only one. I had temporarily turned off the wifi on my laptop and used a wired connection, but I've since gone back to the wifi connection. The reporting error persists.

Also, since the update, both my iPhone 7 and Dell laptop sometimes drop the 5GHz signal (iPhone) and the 2.4GHz signal (laptop), and then pick it up again.

Are these two separate problems, or is the firmware update causing these issues?

Stock: version 3.0.0.4.382_18547-g91c580f, update 11-16.
Make sure you have airtime fairness turned off for both 2.4 and 5 GHZ

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

This isn't an answer to your question, but I have the same issue with my Asus RT-AC86U. It reports one of my video game consoles as a wired connection even though I've only connected it wirelessly. I've been running the latest stock firmware since I got my router two weeks ago.

Hello - you mentioned your AC-68U sometimes drop the 5GHz and the 2.4GHz bands. I was having similar issues and after troubleshooting, I realized that
ever since I upgraded my RT-AC68U to firmware version 3.0.0.4.382.18881 (and the one before) it was behaving badly with issues such as losing WAN port to my ISP, Wi-Fi performance/range issues with signal cutting (losing SSIDs/wireless radios resetting) and unresponsive GUI.

After research, many people in the forums were having similar issues (RT-AC88U also affected with its latest firmware release). They reported rolling back to the June 2017 firmware version was fixing the issues.

I personally rolled back to June's firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.7743 - which was reported as the most stable version by many people - and router has been rock solid since.

Good luck!

This isn't an answer to your question, but I have the same issue with my Asus RT-AC86U. It reports one of my video game consoles as a wired connection even though I've only connected it wirelessly. I've been running the latest stock firmware since I got my router two weeks ago.

I have the same issue with my RT-AC68U and RT-AC86U. However, I noticed that as of this morning, my RT-AC86U had everything listed correctly in the client list.

I see this issue with Asus, Linksys and Netgear routers. Seems like this will never get fixed.

I was experiencing the issue where one of my clients showed as wired in the client list, when it was wireless. All good now.

The latest Asus firmware 384.10007 fixed this issue:

- Fixed client list issues.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!