What's new

RT-AC1200 Head Scratch

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ds5686920

Regular Contributor
Why would ASUS create a WiFi 5GHz Router with 10/100 WAN and 10/100 switched ports? I haven't seen 10/100 since 10 years ago so!

It is likely that old of a design!

It's still being sold on Amazon! 10/100 switched ports makes absolutely no sense! Can understand 10/100 WAN for old design.

This router is currently $32 on Amazon. The point is low cost. There many other AC1200 class routers from other manufacturers with 10/100 ports.

It's still being sold on Amazon! 10/100 switched ports makes absolutely no sense! Can understand 10/100 WAN for old design.

Not everyone has access to , or need for high speed internet. There are millions of people that live on the breadline at best so a router that is not going to cost them 10 years income is probably very welcome.

Far too many peole are obsessed with "speed" and all tha latest fandangos in their homes.

There are millions of people that live on the breadline at best so a router that is not going to cost them 10 years income is probably very welcome.
A few years ago a friend of mine said his parents were looking to replace their ISP's WiFi router with something else to get better WiFi coverage. At the time there was a good device available on sale for only £30, a bargain. When this was suggested to them they said they didn't want to spend that much (they got the same device off ebay for £25).

I have one Linksys E5400 AC1200 class with Fast Ethernet ports. I’m using it as Wireless Bridge. It’s very small size device and does perfectly what it needs to do. $30 from BestBuy.

With budget requirements, come limits to the performance, and expectations.

Nothing wrong with buying only what you need (or at least, think you need) today.

More available channels is one of the reasons. With faster Wi-Fi you also have faster connections between your wireless devices. A file transfer laptop to laptop is not limited to 100Mbps. The Internet connection is limited to 100Mbps. Many people simply don't have/need fast Internet connection. This $30 router (or similar) is all they need.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!