What's new

RT-AC1900 - Hardware or Software issue ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Boosted_01_R

New Around Here
Hi, having an issue with my router. Got the AC1900U on friday, installed Merlin's latest FW (non Beta), and set up my AC66U as a repeater.

Everything worked great till Tuesday morning, had no LAN Internet and WiFi was turned off. Only way to log into it was by resetting it.

Decided to try the lastest Asus branded FW yesterday, by the morning issues was back.

If I try to repair my network adapter, I get an "IP configuration" error in windows.

Both the AC1900U and the AC66U are 192.168.1.1 could this be an issue even though the AC66U is a repeater.

Find it strange, it worked great for 3 days. Any ideas would be great. Thanks

You mustn't have two devices on the same network with the same IP address. Usually when you change out of "router" mode the IP address is automatically changed for you. You can use the Asus Device Discovery Utility to find the actual address of the repeater.

You mustn't have two devices on the same network with the same IP address. Usually when you change out of "router" mode the IP address is automatically changed for you. You can use the Asus Device Discovery Utility to find the actual address of the repeater.

Ended up settings up my ac66u as main...

The ac1900 is no longer responding to resets, etc... Only light on with nothing connected is the usb 2.0 light..

Can't log in through browser, keeps saying ip configuration has been updated and page will refresh, but it never does.

Maybe I can flash a new firmware through the 2.0 port ?...

Heading towards returning it as, it worked get for 3 days then started doing this... Very strange even if the ac66u if off, issues continue with the ac1900

Return it. Whenever I had one with just the USB led on and nothing else, I wouldn't even get output from serial connection.

Yeah.... Spent a couple of hours today on it, no progress still. Setting up an RMA for it. ASUS is usually great quality and reliability, just got unlucky this time. Replacement should work great, hopefully.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!