What's new

RT-AC1900P Merlin 384.8 in FRENCH is having some issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JSeb

Occasional Visitor
I just bought a new Asus RT-AC1900P (RT-AC68U variant) and installed Merlin 384.8 on it. I've faced an issue that have given me some headache before understanding the source of it. I wasn't able to setup my device to disable UPNP and some drop-down menus were empty. Each time I clicked on "Apply" ("Appliquer" in French) to confirm the selection of UPNP "OFF", the popup window appeared and acted normally, displaying that settings were being processed, but, after it closed, the setting weren't changed. Drop-down menus issue was showing some empty fields with no possibility to scroll at all. I remember it were true for the first list in WAN page to choose connection's type (probably to choose between Router, Bridge, etc.). Also, the drop-down list for setting time zone in Administration page were in that situation.

I had to revert to stock firmware before realizing that this is the kind of issues that would have been adressed for sure. So, I try one last thing before taking Merlin for trash; I reinstalled it and put it in English language. Everything is now working correctly (at least for what I've used until now!). Another strange behaviour was that a lot of settings seems to be absent in the English version compare to the French one.

The outcome of my short story is that Merlin's translation is problematic in the sense of functionalities, not translation itself. It may be worse than bad translation...

Install the latest firmware, 384.8_2 and after the update, clear your browser cache.