What's new

RT-AC1900P System Log

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dieter

I have owned this router since June 2016. I have "Cleared" the system log several times. The next day or so, I see the system log populated with entries of Jul, then Jan, then Jul, then Jan, repeating many times. Then some other months entries. It makes no sense. These entries even re-appear after upgrading the firmware.

Is there a way to permanently clear the system log?

Dieter

Every time the router is rebooted the system clock will go back to its default date and time. This is because it has no battery backed clock. After a couple of minutes, once it has reconnected to the internet, it will correct the time using NTP.

This does not explain why a clear of system log does not actually clear it like expected? I don't own that router but I'm curious to know.

My curent log is clear since 2 days ago.
ColinTaylor's explanation above is most likely correct. Upon reboot, the system time/date reverts to the default (Jan 1) for a while. If this changes, I will post...

Ha ok now I got it, he's seeing logs that are new but looks old because NTP haven't catched up just yet.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!