What's new

RT-AC3100 & 3.0.0.4.382_15852 Stability Testing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sinner

Hey for kix I thought I would try this new 15852 stock fw. I 30/30/30/30/30, power cycled twice as well and disabled everything.

2.4 ghz setup: auto, 20mhz, ch6
5 ghz setup: n/ac mixed, 40mhz, ch40, auto

Everything else is disabled including firewall. Only multicast rate is still on auto under professional on both 2.4 & 5hgz.

I'm curious how stable it will be. If anyone else testing it plz let me kno what you find :)
Also I have TX power set to balanced on both because that's way more than I need still even.

30/30/30 is a DD-WRT thing. It doesn't apply to AsusWRT.

Disabling the firewall is a very bad idea unless you have another firewall device or the router is not connected to the internet.

30/30/30 is a DD-WRT thing. It doesn't apply to AsusWRT.

Disabling the firewall is a very bad idea unless you have another firewall device or the router is not connected to the internet.
You are correct i think but i wanted to make sure nvram etc was clean. And im dbl nat atm behind my brothers firewall and read someplace for some version firewall caused issues so i just disabled it.

Good news so far is it hasnt had any issues as of yet i can see. Unfortunately had 2 power failures for no reason at home today messing with my testing.

I have been running the 15852 since it's release on my 3100. Aside from the excessive log spam it has been a rock solid performer. No disconnects no reboots IPv6 has been excellent on this build.

Right on thats amazing to hear. Its been solid 24hrs so far but i do miss most of the merlin ui changes like the wifi logs with signal levels and the scanner for nearby access points. I found both of those really handy

Went from 380.3341 to 382.15852 just now.

Effortless....and then a screen came up asking me to reboot manually.

I didnt do anything and a couple of minutes later the router rebooted on its own and
everything is working as it should.....on my existing settings.

Conventional advice has been to reset to factory settings and re-configure but Im wondering
if I should mess with this if it's working fine.

So....shall I tempt fate by resetting or just keep calm and carry on?

not sure to be honest I'm new around here.. I reset etc and still running smooth.. might be worth trying it your way there and see how that goes?

Effortless....and then a screen came up asking me to reboot manually.

Yes it seems with the new firmware it takes much longer to reboot so the manually reboot screen pops up. As you noticed if you wait a few minutes the router fully boots and your on your way.

Hey for kix I thought I would try this new 15852 stock fw. I 30/30/30/30/30, power cycled twice as well and disabled everything.

I have the RT-AC3100. The proper way to reset it:

1. Turn off router
  2. Press the WPS button on the back of router and keep pressing it down
  3. Turn the router back on with the WPS button still pressed down
  4. Let go of the WPS button after the power led starts to rapidly blink
  5. Wait for router to reset and reboot

I do this before and after flashing firmware.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!