What's new

RT-AC3100 drops 2.4 ghz wifi connections after about an hour after restart

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SSCC36

New Around Here
Hello, I have a RT-AC3100 router that was working good. Is only 2 months old. I was trying to fix a problem with some SMB access issues that i thought i might try asuswrt merlin firmware. So i flashed the latest 384.16 firmware and set to factory defaults afterwards. The problem was not fixed with my SMB problem with the new firmware which was ok. That is not the problem i want to talk about. But i did notice while on this firmware alot of my older 2.4 ghz clients would drop off after about an hour. So i decided to flash the factory ASUS firmware 3.0.0.4.384.81116 back to the router. That went just fine and i also reset to factory defaults after flashing. Reset all my setting back up, and i see the same problem with the 2.4 ghz clients dropping off after about an hour of time and not coming back. Since then i have tried the hard reset with holding down the wps button when plugging in to reset, i tried a couple of the different options ound in the https://www.snbforums.com/members/l-ld.24423/#info link. Nothing seems to work. Still having the 2.4 ghz clients dropping off. Any suggestions?

Hello, I have a RT-AC3100 router that was working good. Is only 2 months old. I was trying to fix a problem with some SMB access issues that i thought i might try asuswrt merlin firmware. So i flashed the latest 384.16 firmware and set to factory defaults afterwards. The problem was not fixed with my SMB problem with the new firmware which was ok. That is not the problem i want to talk about. But i did notice while on this firmware alot of my older 2.4 ghz clients would drop off after about an hour. So i decided to flash the factory ASUS firmware 3.0.0.4.384.81116 back to the router. That went just fine and i also reset to factory defaults after flashing. Reset all my setting back up, and i see the same problem with the 2.4 ghz clients dropping off after about an hour of time and not coming back. Since then i have tried the hard reset with holding down the wps button when plugging in to reset, i tried a couple of the different options ound in the https://www.snbforums.com/members/l-ld.24423/#info link. Nothing seems to work. Still having the 2.4 ghz clients dropping off. Any suggestions?
Maybe test to change -Group Key Rotation Interval = 2592000
and
Disable Universal Beamforming and Airtime Fairness if it is on.

Welcome to the forum :)

Turn universal beamforming off to test if any irregularities.

WebUI reset with initialize is something to try.

Can you observe the 2.4 signal in a WiFi Analyzer to be there and stable?

Have you tried recreating a client's 2.4 connection?

OE